The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The official Gillis firing COUNT DOWN

You guys seriously have to get some perspective, and a sense of humor. I've been a Canucks fan for 30 years. I've seen the team during the Pat Quinn and Brian Burke years. I've seen the good moves and the bad moves. I've seen how great GM's like Peter Chiarelli in Boston or Stan Bowman in Chicago operate. Gillis is a lost puppy compared to those guys, and will not last. You can close your eyes and cover your ears, and pretend the tooth fairy will save Gillis and this version of the Canucks, but the team is heading for a tough patch because of his moves, and Gillis will be gone. It's just a matter of time. So rather than go into denial, or get upset about it, you might want to try having some fun with it.

So, let's hear your predictions about when Gillis will get the boot.

Or your speculations about who would be a good candidate to replace him?

Is there a Peter Chiarelli out there?

And if we get a good GM, what moves could they make to get this team back on the right track, and possibly help the Canucks make a run for the cup, before the Sedin window closes altogether?

LOL. "By my future calculations of this teams abilities I am certain that the GM will be fired in a given amount of time, how long? Only success will save his job now!" -random fan summer 2009

What I mean by this is that if your definition of Canucks Success is now only winning a cup, then Mike Gillis has done an outstanding job over the course of his tenure. He has clearly raised the bar on a team that was content in its fanbase to merely make the playoffs, and turned the team into such a winner that fans are yelling he should be fired after each non cup winning season. My hat is off to GM MG for being an outstanding GM in a league of great GM's. That is a huge feat!

LOL. "By my future calculations of this teams abilities I am certain that the GM will be fired in a given amount of time, how long? Only success will save his job now!" -random fan summer 2009

What I mean by this is that if your definition of Canucks Success is now only winning a cup, then Mike Gillis has done an outstanding job over the course of his tenure. He has clearly raised the bar on a team that was content in its fanbase to merely make the playoffs, and turned the team into such a winner that fans are yelling he should be fired after each non cup winning season. My hat is off to GM MG for being an outstanding GM in a league of great GM's. That is a huge feat!

Archived