The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(REPORT) Canucks Decline Offer for Edler! Still looking to trade him!

Not sure why people continue to say we need a 3rd line center. We now have a glut of prospects and players worthy of a 3rd line role. What we need is a top line sniper, a 2nd line playmaking center worth the name and or a puck moving defenseman. Pick up any one of or all of the above mentioned players and this team wins a cup.

But that's next to impossible in this market with our cap space.

so we trade our two most valuable, young, cap friendly players who either have been an all star or will be....

for a draft pick and a 3rd liner?

wow

:picard:

and that facepalm isn't just for you, its for MG if he does it because reality is that's the return he's getting for our 2 best young players - who have proven the can play at an elite level. Whether its consistent or not us tbd, but they both have PROVEN they can play an elite game.

3rd liner and a draft pick back...wow

Oversimplifying my statement in a simple attempt to sound like a jerk?

Good Job.

and how has that offense worked out for Pittsburgh & Washington lately "smart" guy?

Two-Way Hockey. Offense AND Defense, Your best players playing their hardest at BOTH ends of the ice.

You're bloody touchy muffin. Calm the hell down, drink some herbal tea. I am simply pointing out that lately the only defensive team to win a cup has been Boston. Even LA played a wide open style in comparison.

IN this bi-polar league where the trend on building a cup winner changes from cup to cup defense winning championships is a throw away of a by gone era

Far from delusional, any team can win without a #1 D, it happens frequently. Players get hurt, players get traded things happen.

Here is a key thing to consider though.

Edler has a bad back, a surgically repaired bad back. Much experience with that? Picking up a cracker can place a guy with the kind of surgical repair out of commission for months on end without even stepping on the ice.

If a package came up for Edler that couldn't be turned down, this club would be hard pressed to turn it down and wise to consider it. Especially if that package had a genuine forward picks and or prospects coming back.

Corrado and or Tanev as rookies could surprise a lot of people. and I have a lot more faith in our defense with or without Edler than some it seems

Actually yes, I was in a wheelchair when I was 12 and have had spinal cord problems since then. - Spinal Stenosis in my L3-L5 Vertabrae & a Teathered tailbone

I'm now 23.

Nice try though! hahaha ;)

Look, the only way Edler is moved is if somebody like PK Subban is coming back - and since the only way that is happening is if Hell freezes over, Mike Keenan is hired as GM and Coach of the Canucks, & Mason Raymond becomes a 50 goal scorer...I just don't see him going anywhere.

Than you understand my reference to back issues.

How about say Gagner a defensive prospect and a pick, or as the OP stated, Smith Nyquist or Frk and a possible pick?

Addressing the needs we have up front in a sniper 2nd line center/playmaker via a trade of Edler with Tommernes and Cederholm in the system as well as now Subban, Tanev Corrado etc wouldn't be a terrible thing

So tired of management looking for a third line centre! Way too fixated on a problem we don't even have, while we have many options for that position. What this team needs is an addition to the non existent 2nd that we've had for two years. Very frustrating.

If we could pull off something involving Brendan Smith++ Then MAYBE but even then, its absolutely STUPID to do this right now.

A. It would screw with the team chemistry.

B. We're pushing for a cup, Edler can log tons of ice reliably - Brendan Smith hasn't done SQUAT yet by comparison

We don't need more forwards, we need a #1 Dman if we're making ANY kind of move, Edler is a borderline #1 and it remains to be seen whether he is truly capable of stepping his game up to that "next level"

Keep in mind, Nik Lidstrom didn't win a Norris Trophy till he was 30+

Nyquist and Smith for Edler. If we could swap 1sts too that would be great. Heck, I'd throw in Schroeder to get that deal done, it's not like he'll be the solution to our third line centre position.

We get a speedy top 6 winger who is creative offensively and a takeaway machine defensively plus a young offensive defenseman who can play physical.

Daniel Henrik Kassian

Booth Kesler Nyquist

Higgins Gaunce/Horvat Burrows

Sestito Richardson Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Tanev

Smith Corrado

Archived