The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(REPORT) Canucks Decline Offer for Edler! Still looking to trade him!

Attempting to sound like a condecending forumite much? This is a HOCKEY forum, more knowledge is always relevant, and its good to know where people get their opinions & information from. If I was trying to "pump my tires" as you so moronically suggested, I'd likely go on about something besides my education, perhaps something like;

I once one received a signed letter from Markus Naslund & game tickets 5 rows back from the ice. (Also true, btw, :P )

You'd be surprised how much goes on in front of a computer screen nowadays. I suggest looking up a little program called Rinknet - the scouting software used by 29/30 NHL teams, and a good portion of the hockey world.

Overall, 2/10, good effort, poor execution. Check yo'self before you Wreck yo'self. :P

I know some of you will disagree, but I think it would be foolish to trade Edler away without getting someone to replace him in return. Tanev and Corrado are great, but they aren't going to replace him. Corrado has potential, but he's not near Edler's level yet. If we're looking to trade him for youth we may as well initiate a partial rebuild, because that would be taking a step back. We need more than Hamhuis, Garrison, and Bieksa in our top four.

I think we'd be better off keeping him and seeing what he could do under Torts.

I know some of you will disagree, but I think it would be foolish to trade Edler away without getting someone to replace him in return. Tanev and Corrado are great, but they aren't going to replace him. Corrado has potential, but he's not near Edler's level yet. If we're looking to trade him for youth we may as well initiate a partial rebuild, because that would be taking a step back. We need more than Hamhuis, Garrison, and Bieksa in our top four.

I think we'd be better off keeping him and seeing what he could do under Torts.

Attempting to sound like a condecending forumite much? This is a HOCKEY forum, more knowledge is always relevant, and its good to know where people get their opinions & information from. If I was trying to "pump my tires" as you so moronically suggested, I'd likely go on about something besides my education, perhaps something like;

I once one received a signed letter from Markus Naslund & game tickets 5 rows back from the ice. (Also true, btw, :P )

You'd be surprised how much goes on in front of a computer screen nowadays. I suggest looking up a little program called Rinknet - the scouting software used by 29/30 NHL teams, and a good portion of the hockey world.

Overall, 2/10, good effort, poor execution. Check yo'self before you Wreck yo'self. :P

Definitely am interested to see what MG could bring in for Edler. He's got a good contract, he's young and can put up points, and he just needs the right partner to watch over their end while Eddie attacks.

I'd think that he could get what guys like Richards or Carter got, in the ballpark of two lesser roster players who are still NHL regulars (one F, one D) and a 2nd. If that offer came I would be thrilled and hopefully MG would take it if it really helps the team most by accepting it.

Archived