The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

mayson raymond

i can't help it if these guys don't see it. They choose to ignore the facts........fair enough. And no, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE.

Half you hypocrites were wetting your pants for the first half of last season. Then he got messed about by AV who knew his value and tried to use him to boost the form of dead legs like Kassian.

You guys are mistaken about Raymond, he just doesn't fit with this team. Hard to be effective when your linemates have little to no offensive awareness. Raymond suits the style if the Eastern conference. I hope he goes to Pittsburgh or Washington and puts up 60 points playing with players who know how to pass and aren't one dimensional

I say Chicago could use him or even Carolina, both teams play a up tempo game and need quality bottom 6 forwards, Chicago lost Frolik and Stalberg who play similar roles as Raymond and I'm sure at this point could be had on the cheap. Car just needs some experienced forwards who can play 2way hockey in the bottom 6. Could also see him fitting in Dave Tippets system in Phoenix.

I say Chicago could use him or even Carolina, both teams play a up tempo game and need quality bottom 6 forwards, Chicago lost Frolik and Stalberg who play similar roles as Raymond and I'm sure at this point could be had on the cheap. Car just needs some experienced forwards who can play 2way hockey in the bottom 6. Could also see him fitting in Dave Tippets system in Phoenix.

Raymond could be a great money-ball signing for Washington; they have a top 6 forward spot?

And they already have at least three big physical wingers incl Ovi plus Backstrom/Johansson as capable puck distributors puck possession guys. They could do worse than a speedster with soft hands who is a decent fore checker and a reasonable shot. He actually compliments their team quite well...

Raymond stepped up in some big games for us this year. He was awesome vs LA, think he scored 2 game winners vs them. He played great vs a lot of playoff teams, late game tying goal vs Blues, 2 vs Anaheim, Kings ect..

He really upped his playmaking, often making great feeds for breakaways and tap in goals. Usually played with 3rd line caliber players, so the assists don't show it, but he was easily one of our best passers for the season.

The Raymond/Schredds/Hansen line was great for a while, sure they kinda mellowed out, but not for long, then they were dismantled. In a shortened season they weren't given a real chance.

Raymond and Burrows were by far our best players in game 4 vs San Jose, and Raymond was better than the majority of our forwards in that series. People rag on him for not producing in the PO, yet guys like Hansen and Higgins are even worse and Higgins especially makes costly mistakes. Not to mention the rest of our sputtering offense.

Raymond stepped up in some big games for us this year. He was awesome vs LA, think he scored 2 game winners vs them. He played great vs a lot of playoff teams, late game tying goal vs Blues, 2 vs Anaheim, Kings ect..

He really upped his playmaking, often making great feeds for breakaways and tap in goals. Usually played with 3rd line caliber players, so the assists don't show it, but he was easily one of our best passers for the season.

The Raymond/Schredds/Hansen line was great for a while, sure they kinda mellowed out, but not for long, then they were dismantled. In a shortened season they weren't given a real chance.

Raymond and Burrows were by far our best players in game 4 vs San Jose, and Raymond was better than the majority of our forwards in that series. People rag on him for not producing in the PO, yet guys like Hansen and Higgins are even worse and Higgins especially makes costly mistakes. Not to mention the rest of our sputtering offense.

Archived