The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Its Official: Batman and Superman Will Team Up In New Movie

DonLever

Production will start in 2014, release will be in 2015.

The current star of Superman, Henry Cavill, will pay Superman. Someone new will play Batman.

Batman and Superman to team up in new film

_68862905_compo.jpg Fans are now expecting fireworks from the two crime fighters

Superman and Batman are to appear in the same film for the first time, it has been revealed, to the delight of many fans of the popular characters.

The surprise announcement was made by Zack Snyder, who directed the most recent Superman film Man of Steel.

But speaking at a comic convention in San Diego, California, Mr Snyder said the script was still being written.

Production is expected to begin next year and the film is scheduled for release in the summer of 2015.

Warner Bros confirmed that the two superheroes would team up for the first time.

British actor Henry Cavill - who starred in Man of Steel - will again play Superman.

However, an actor for the new Batman is yet to be cast.

"They're both alpha males," fan Benjamin Ha was quoted as saying by the Associated Press. He added that he expected fireworks in the new film.

For many comic book enthusiasts it is a dream come true in what promises to be the ultimate superhero adventure, the BBC's Peter Bowes in Los Angeles reports.

The enduring popularity of Superman and Batman has seen the latest films featuring the two characters earn revenues of more than $1bn (£655m) between them

not surprising since a few Marvel movies are also coming out in 2015... especially a sequel about a certain team of hero's

-Fantastic 4 (reboot)

-Avengers 2

-Ant-Man

vs

Superman/Batman movie

Fantastic 4 is Fox studios, not marvel studios.

Better be one hell of an antagonist they're taking on then.

If I was to take a guess it would probably be Lex Luthor. They had a bunch of Easter Eggs for Batman and Luthor in Man of Steel and in a lot of the comics Luthor tends to be the most used villain in the mixed superhero issues.

Plus they usually balance out the heroes. Batman's intellect is buffed while Superman is often prone to being irrational and simply a hothead.

The Superman franchise has been forcibly gangraped by every type of media outlet you can imagine since Superman 64, I swear that game is single-handedly responsible for the "Superman Curse"

I hope its much better than I'm expecting, but I'm expecting a big flop from any movie with Superman at this point. :(

The Superman franchise has been forcibly gangraped by every type of media outlet you can imagine since Superman 64, I swear that game is single-handedly responsible for the "Superman Curse"

I hope its much better than I'm expecting, but I'm expecting a big flop from any movie with Superman at this point. :(

Man of Steel had a box office of 600 million. I can't see any movie with Superman will be a big flop...Did I mention batman will be there?

2015 is going to be the biggest year in blockbuster film history; scheduled right now are;

Superman/Batman

Avengers 2

Star Wars VII

Jurassic Park IV

Avatar 2 (although likely will be bumped)

Prometheus 2

Mission Impossible 5

Warcraft

Terminator 5

Pirates 5

Hunger Games 3

New Bond Film

Independence Day 2

Finding Dory

Its insane that they are all going to be out same year.

Man of Steel had a box office of 600 million. I can't see any movie with Superman will be a big flop...Did I mention batman will be there?

I hadn't heard it had done so well, I sort of just ignored it and figured it was just another Superman movie; it would appear I might have actually missed something worth watching there.

2015 is going to be the biggest year in blockbuster film history; scheduled right now are;

Superman/Batman

Avengers 2

Star Wars VII

Jurassic Park IV

Prometheus 2

Mission Impossible 5

Warcraft

Terminator 5

Pirates 5

Hunger Games 3

New Bond Film

Independence Day 2

Finding Dory

What really bothers me there is the lack of fresh content...11 freakin' Sequels.

Superman/Batman

Avengers 2

Star Wars VII

Jurassic Park IV

Prometheus 2

Mission Impossible 5

Warcraft

Terminator 5

Pirates 5

Hunger Games 3

New Bond Film

Independence Day 2

Finding Dory

I believe Bond 24 will be coming next year. But it will be a great movie year! (Except for POTC 5, was never a big fan of the series)

Archived