The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Its Official: Batman and Superman Will Team Up In New Movie

DonLever

Brains > Brawn

It's why Batman is one the core pieces to the Justice League a series that has some of the higher rated stories among superhero comics. Even in those stories Batman comes off as the most dangerous member of the league because he figures out everyone elses secret identities and weaknesses as soon as he meets them. In some he even carries around krytonite in his belt just in case.

You don't even have to look outside of Superman's core villains. His most common used one is Lex Luthor who has no super power other than being extremely rich and extremely smart.

This could easily be done well.

It's clear you guys read a lot more comic books than I do, but this does nothing to change my mind. Carrying around kryptonite in his belt? All that's going to do is kill off his bat-sperm. Superman could just fly around and drop satellites on his head if he REALLY wanted to. Who cares what he has in his dumb belt.

Superman is only limited by his own moral compass - the guy is friggin invincible. I don't care how smart or rich you are, good luck threatening a guy who can fly into the sun with anything you can find on this planet.

It's clear you guys read a lot more comic books than I do, but this does nothing to change my mind. Carrying around kryptonite in his belt? All that's going to do is kill off his bat-sperm. Superman could just fly around and drop satellites on his head if he REALLY wanted to. Who cares what he has in his dumb belt.

Superman is only limited by his own moral compass - the guy is friggin invincible. I don't care how smart or rich you are, good luck threatening a guy who can fly into the sun with anything you can find on this planet.

Its the reason they limited his powers greatly in a lot of the graphic novels and alt universe comics. makes it more interesting when he has to risk his life to save the day . But if they take Batman back to his roots He can be important. His detective abilities outweighed his physical ones most of the time in the old comics.

In that case I would simply say you would have to read the comics to understand it.

Superman is not invicible. His is weak to kryptonite (which can come in many forms made into bullets, dusts, etc), red son, magic, and Doomsday simply beat him to death. In All-Star Superman Luthor sets up a trap for Superman to fly practically into the sun to save a group of people which overloads his cells causing them to explode and eventually kill him given his powers are entirely powered by younger sons in yellow or blue form. In Injustice Joker uses Scarecrows nightmare serum to make Superman hallucinate seeing Doomsday not realing he is literally beating Lois and his unborn child to death and when she dies a trigger connected to her heart detonates a nuke like bomb in metropolis destrying the entire city and breaking Superman mentally. Superman still has his limits to his powers such as not being able to see through lead or lead lined areas.

Superman a very dangerous being but he is still limited in his powers and many other superheros and villains are more than capable of beating him or putting up a good fight.

Put it this way. Comic fans are some of the whinest people on the internet when it comes to comics turned into movies. The fact that so many are excited about (and have been demanding for years) them approaching the stories that mix the heroes should say something about the prospect of them being able to do it well.

Yeah, that's fair. I'm just not a big superman fan given his over-powered nature although they must have done some cool things for him to still be relevant. I guess I just have a tough time putting myself in his shoes as if I had his powers I'd live on the moon and only swoop down once in awhile to meet babes and watch major sporting events.

Yeah, that's fair. I'm just not a big superman fan given his over-powered nature although they must have done some cool things for him to still be relevant. I guess I just have a tough time putting myself in his shoes as if I had his powers I'd live on the moon and only swoop down once in awhile to meet babes and watch major sporting events.

His powers did become extremely inflated to the point where people often associate him with fantasy however Superman is really a sci-fi series. He was basically just a concept of what a humanoid being evolved to live on a high gravity planet with an older sun would be like on a planet like Earth. A physically superior sun fueled energy battery. Originally he didn't have heat vision and could not fly (only jump really far) nor was he as fast or tough (basically as fast as cars and could handle bullets but nothing beyond that). Over the years they made his power growth that of fantasy but the storylines still often stick to that sci-fi element. His enemies are basically all from other planets or dimensions or science projects. Many of superior intellect. It allows them to come up with some creative storylines considering most beings can't compete with him on a physical level.

Also if you had abilities like that you might as well play sports instead of watching them. I mean you may kill a few people but you could be your own team. Owner, GM, coach, roster.

Batman and Superman the 2 lamest super heroes on the same screen together, gonna be some epic cheese.....

I agree Superman's pretty lame, but Batman?

Did I read that right? The biggest badass is comic books, who doesn't need super powers to beat the crap out of the most powerful being in the universe, at age 55?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GRG57PNdpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Fw3zuu4-A

If there's anything Batman isn't, it's lame.

I agree Superman's pretty lame, but Batman?

Did I read that right? The biggest badass is comic books, who doesn't need super powers to beat the crap out of the most powerful being in the universe, at age 55?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GRG57PNdpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Fw3zuu4-A

If there's anything Batman isn't, it's lame.

Why were they fighting?

Why were they fighting?

Short form?

Batman was being a vigilante and stuff, Joker goes on killing spree. Batman finally snaps and kills the Joker (well, Joker technically kills himself). President decides Batman's too dangerous, sends Superman to capture him.

And then we get the fight.

The superman movie series definitely needs this, why they have put out back to back to back god awful movies is beyond me. Hitch their wagon to a winner like Batman and hopefully it will be good and not suck like all the latest superman movies.

Better be one hell of an antagonist they're taking on then.

Man I really liked the bad guy from Superman. Iono his name but he's in Boardwalk Empire.

I wish he could have played it... honestly its mainly the antagonist that makes these movies for me. They better chose a good one... I bet Johnny depp could even do it. He always delivers.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived