The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Its Official: Batman and Superman Will Team Up In New Movie

DonLever

Wouldn't it kind of make sense for Joseph G-L to be the next Batman? I'm sure he could pull it off...

Exactly this!!

I was hoping JGL would be the next Batman, especially after the way Dark Knight Rises ended. All JGL needs is to get a little more buff and he's it.

I don't hate Ben Affleck, he's been in some great movies recently like The Town and Argo (Runner Runner looks pretty good too), but I'd rather he not play the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Ben Affleck not a terrible actor??? I don't know how he has managed to fool everyone in Hollywood for so long. It's got to be because of Matt Damon. Without Damon there is no Affleck, he won't have even been cast for a dog food commercial.

As a director, Affleck has been great. As an actor, pass. I'm sure there are some big Batman fans on here, and I have always been one of them . This is worrisome news.

Here's probably how a lot of people reacted to the news of previous Batman actors:

Michael Keaton: Well, most of his stuff has been comedic. However, he has rarely put in a bad performance and has worked with Tim Burton before.

Val Kilmer: In the last few years, he did put in some good performances, from The Doors, Tombstone, to True Romance, he has been solid. Seems like a decent choice.

George Clooney: Though not a big screen actor yet, choosing Clooney as the next Batman was not a huge surprise. He had a lot of films in the hopper around this time that he was working on, so strike while the iron is hot.

Christian Bale: Well, he hasn't done many big screen roles by the time he had been cast. However, when news came out, people only had to look to American Psycho to see whether or not the right choice had been made. The guy is a gifted actor who is dedicated to his craft.

Ben Affleck: Well, let's see. He has directed some good movies recently, but was his acting the reason Argo and The Town were good? No. How has he been when he has been central to the movie? Does this even need to be answered?

The main question they are going to hear about this is, "Why would you choose someone who can't act to portray Batman?"

He singlehandedly motivated me to polish up my German. I never thought it could sound as amazing as he makes it sound. Have you seen Hunger?

What was that one recently called, Shameless?

I want him to play Christian Gray in the stupid 50 shades movie!!!

So when Bane and his band of terrorists threaten to blow up an entire city with a nuclear bomb, Superman decided it wasn't quite serious enough for his intervention. I wonder what will actually catch his attention this time around?

I believe those movies will have nothing to do with the current DC universe of movies, thankfully.

I was hoping for Jonn Hamm or even Army Hammer but I'm not as pessimistic about Affleck. People saying he ruined Daredevil are giving him too much credit. The script ruined daredevil; and then the director made sure it was ruined just in case. I did not like Bale as Batman at all so for me this is at worst a lateral move.

I did not like Bale as Batman at all so for me this is at worst a lateral move.

Ok, while Bale was not the reason the Batman movies were good, he was certainly very good in his role. I honestly don't know how this is lateral move though. Bale has proven outside of Batman that he can act incredibly well. Affleck, outside of his own movies he has directed, has been absolutely dreadful.

The Dark Knight movies have been the only good super hero movies to come out lately (possible exceptions for the first Ironman and the first Hulk, they were decent).

Thor, Man of Steel, Avengers, Captain America, Amazing Spiderman, all junk.

Same director of Man of Steel, no Christian Bale as Batman, this movie will probably be junk too.

It'll make a ton of money though because for some reason people go fanatical over these kind of movies, example: Avengers.

The Dark Knight movies have been the only good super hero movies to come out lately (possible exceptions for the first Ironman and the first Hulk, they were decent).

Thor, Man of Steel, Avengers, Captain America, Amazing Spiderman, all junk.

Same director of Man of Steel, no Christian Bale as Batman, this movie will probably be junk too.

It'll make a ton of money though because for some reason people go fanatical over these kind of movies, example: Avengers.

I stopped reading there;

Avengers was a critical and commercial success. Both fans, and movie critics agree that was the pinnacle of what a summer blockbuster/popcorn flick was supposed to be.

I stopped reading there;

Avengers was a critical and commercial success. Both fans, and movie critics agree that was the pinnacle of what a summer blockbuster/popcorn flick was supposed to be.

I half agree with you.

It was certainly a commercial success. But it certainly wasn't a pinnacle summer blockbuster though, those tend to be, well you know, entertaining.

Granted, I might have liked enjoyed it back when I was in the 5-13 age range.

It really seems like some people just got so excited about the movie that they couldn't bring themselves to realize it wasn't very well made (but to each their own I guess).

^^^ True enough. I am far more critical of X-men First Class than a lot of people I know, but I still think it is better than Avengers. I don't really fault the filmmakers though, the Marvel universe is just too wide of a scope for a single film to get right. Hopefully HBO comes out with a superhero series (starring Michael Fassbender just for Hodor :) ) that can create and manage a large universe over a series of episodes much like comics themselves. Imagine a series as violent and sexy as Trueblood but with Superheroes. It would be like the Watchmen only better!

Coulnd't agree more with you, Jägermeister. I just do not see the appeal and the praise that all the superhero movies are getting now.

Look, I love anything Batman; but even I had to seriously look at The Dark Knight Returns and give it a brutally honest review. It was flawed beyond belief. Was it terrible? No, but it was definitely flawed.

The recent superhero movies are just all the same. Thor was really not that good, Captain America was downright brutal, Iron Man 2 was forgettable and a huge letdown from the original, and Iron Man 3 was very forgettable.

As for The Avengers, I really can't understand the appeal. Look, it was visually stunning. But as I have said many times before, any movie made today SHOULD be visually stunning, there's no reason for it not to be. But outside of good fight sequences, the movie was just not very interesting.

I'm not trying to sound like a snob, but all of these superhero movies just seem like Pixar/Disney movies. What I mean by that is that they are absolutely targeting kids, but there is just enough in them to keep adults entertained. The same could not be said for The Dark Knight series and at what Man of Steel tried to set out to accomplish. Not films that are meant to keep a 13 year olds entertained.

That would be amazing. And Fassbender is an amazing actor, I won't be the only one pleased :P

They'd need to ease up on the fx unless the budget and production value is as good as Game of thrones. True Blood can be hilarious at times with the gore and effects

Am I the only one that loved Watchmen?

The Watchmen was a good movie, better than most superhero movies out there. The violence is great, gives the film a sense of how brutal super-humanity could possibly be, although what I really enjoyed was the blurred lines between the heroes and villains. Made for an interesting story.

That would be amazing. And Fassbender is an amazing actor, I won't be the only one pleased :P

They'd need to ease up on the fx unless the budget and production value is as good as Game of thrones. True Blood can be hilarious at times with the gore and effects

Am I the only one that loved Watchmen?

Watchmen was by far better than good. Best superhero flick in years and everyone played their parts to a T. I have more hope for 300 part 2 than I do in superman v batman

X-men First class was certainly better than i gave it credit for, but imho sequels to that movie will likely be misses. But hollywood is aiming for more reboots than sequels lately, so whatever.

Avengers was alright. Definitely cheesy in parts and reminded me of Transformers. Kids liked it. This series will be milked of course.

You'd think the Spiderman, X-men and Avengers universes will be combined at some point, but years down the road.

The new batman movies and this superman and batman movies sound like potential disasters. Esp. with Affleck involved. You'd think DC would want to treat their flagships a bit nicer.

It's nice to see Zack Snyder giving himself a challenge. Select the biggest scrub he can then turn him into a God! Who will be able to deny Syder then?! NO ONE!!

Ether that or he will prove people will pay to see old crap.

Though to be entirely honest as much as I don't care for Affleck most of what has made the Batman movies so great was the fact that the villains were all done so well. Truth is I hardly cared to see Christian Bale as Batman as much as I liked seeing how the Joker and Bane were done.

Archived