The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New car

Versace

I really don´t like japanese cars...

the engine is good but the rest can´t simply handle tought conditions...

my mom recently sold a VW Fox (VW Polo) and bought a Honda Fit, the pokemon isn´t even 20% tought than the Volkswagen is. the "mutimidia processor" already faield and the AGPS went nut indicating the position 400km away from the real position!

the suspension is too low so you can´t drive in low quality asphalt and the 1.5 engine is less powerfull than the 1.6 flexfuel from VW. also Honda engines simply can´t work very well when you´re using Etanol on it! if it´s supposed to be FlexFuel (run with Gasoline, Etanol or both) why do I have to put gasoline on the auxiliary tank? and why on earth the engine can´t give enought torque when powered by Etanol?

also the car simply can´t carry as much weight as supposed. on the VW we´re able to carry a 600KG airplane engine at once like it was nothing. but the Honda needs a very detailed calculation to know where we should put this thing...

I can´t understand why Japanese put SO many things on the steering wheel and panels. is this a car or an airplane? even airplanes today are adopting the "clear cockpit" concept to avoid overworking situations.

I don´t need 6 buttons only for radios if I can do this using a touchscreen or if the radio have the same buttons as on the steering wheel. I don´t need a CD/DVD button because people don´t change CD/DVD every second and why the "multimidia center" power control is located there?

Germany cars don´t have this, it´s a clean car, easy to find what you want and it isn´t a polluted panel with a reliable and hard working engine...

I travelled 3.445 KM with my VW Fox and absolutely nothing happened, 4 days fully loaded demanding work, work and work and the VW did the job like a truck. I simply can´t rely on a Honda to do the same thing...

was sun, rain, mud, 12 hours driving without stop and other very hard conditions but the Volkswagen did perfectly because it´s a car designed to be strong not to be beautiful...

cars for me must be from England, Germany or from USA. Japanese make cars for good terrain not for tought conditions...

I really don´t like japanese cars...

the engine is good but the rest can´t simply handle tought conditions...

my mom recently sold a VW Fox (VW Polo) and bought a Honda Fit, the pokemon isn´t even 20% tought than the Volkswagen is. the "mutimidia processor" already faield and the AGPS went nut indicating the position 400km away from the real position!

the suspension is too low so you can´t drive in low quality asphalt and the 1.5 engine is less powerfull than the 1.6 flexfuel from VW. also Honda engines simply can´t work very well when you´re using Etanol on it! if it´s supposed to be FlexFuel (run with Gasoline, Etanol or both) why do I have to put gasoline on the auxiliary tank? and why on earth the engine can´t give enought torque when powered by Etanol?

also the car simply can´t carry as much weight as supposed. on the VW we´re able to carry a 600KG airplane engine at once like it was nothing. but the Honda needs a very detailed calculation to know where we should put this thing...

I can´t understand why Japanese put SO many things on the steering wheel and panels. is this a car or an airplane? even airplanes today are adopting the "clear cockpit" concept to avoid overworking situations.

I don´t need 6 buttons only for radios if I can do this using a touchscreen or if the radio have the same buttons as on the steering wheel. I don´t need a CD/DVD button because people don´t change CD/DVD every second and why the "multimidia center" power control is located there?

Germany cars don´t have this, it´s a clean car, easy to find what you want and it isn´t a polluted panel with a reliable and hard working engine...

I travelled 3.445 KM with my VW Fox and absolutely nothing happened, 4 days fully loaded demanding work, work and work and the VW did the job like a truck. I simply can´t rely on a Honda to do the same thing...

was sun, rain, mud, 12 hours driving without stop and other very hard conditions but the Volkswagen did perfectly because it´s a car designed to be strong not to be beautiful...

cars for me must be from England, Germany or from USA. Japanese make cars for good terrain not for tought conditions...

My mom fell in love with the Fusion Titanium with the Tri coat white sparkly paint, since it is Titanium it comes with leather seats and is fully loaded, too bad the price tag is 37000$ even with employee pricing. We are going to see another one today and hopefully she can lower them down a bit or get more add ons like Oil changes, extended warranty, Premium floor mats, all that good stuff. She seems really excited ahaha

My mom fell in love with the Fusion Titanium with the Tri coat white sparkly paint, since it is Titanium it comes with leather seats and is fully loaded, too bad the price tag is 37000$ even with employee pricing. We are going to see another one today and hopefully she can lower them down a bit or get more add ons like Oil changes, extended warranty, Premium floor mats, all that good stuff. She seems really excited ahaha

Well the Fit is an average car meant for a to b and nothing else. My 99 Civic DX HB was an excellent car I had 300,000 problem free km's on it and would still be driving it if someone hadn't hit me and totalled it. Also the loaded Fit is a waste of money IMO, the only puzzling part about some of the gripes you have with the Fit and the radio/steering wheel controls shouldn't you have noticed these things on the test drive?

the Fit is for my Mom but you know how women choose their cars right? if the car is cute and comes with zillions of buttons and fancy things they will buy no matter how much it cost. She did the test drive but now she´s facing trouble with the Automatic shifing gears. I told her to but a basic Fit but she wanted the "fancy" one (Honda Fit Twist). a Honda Hit (brand new) here costs 30.000 US$ (60.000 BRL) but the car is smaller than the VW Fox/VW Polo. for the same price you can buy a VW Golf/ Chevrolet Astra/ Ford Focus much more reliable and powerfull. if I´m paying 30.000 bucks for a Fit when in USA/Canada it costs 15.000 I would demand nothing less than a workhorse like the VW Fox/VW Polo was...

the food is cheap, the water is cheap and everything from the nature is really cheap in Brazil. you can buy 50kg of meat for 25US$, 10 bananas for 3US$ or 5KG of rice for 8US$ etc...but heavy industry products are expensive. the automatic transmission is ok BUT she´s not used with it. her previous car had manual transmission but in VW manual transmissions are fast to do and easy to learn. but she´s not used with the Japanese concept and the car doesn´t have the "semi-automatic transmission" option like the VW Polo or the Chevrolet Astra have...

My next vehicle is going to be a Blazer unfortunately Manuals are hard to come by, it's going to be my new daily and we're looking at moving back to the Mainland so an auto is preferred for stop and go traffic. However I will be looking for a project car and that is going to have to be a 5 or 6 speed. I do like to have some fun driving in the summertime. So I would respectfully disagree on the autos blow part as far as practicality goes.

My mom is looking for a new car that is great on gas and under 25k. She doesn't like hatchbacks, so only a sedan with lots of space. She is selling her Infiniti (gas guzzler) so she is looking for a car to mainly driver to/from work and around town, not usually long trips. Thanks

Archived