The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New car

Versace

I used to own one and I was always filling up at gas station.

His mom's EX isn't great on gas. I believe it has a 3.5L 6 cylinder and gives about 15-20 mpg in the city. The trade-in isn't that bad if she can get a decent amount for the truck.

Okay...so say she went for the best and got a Smart Car...

If she drives 2000 kms a month, she would save about $300 a month in fuel.

If she only drives a 1000, then only $150...

Based on $1.40 a liter...

If the former, it would take 83 months to recover the cost of spending $25,000....now a smart car won't fit her style, so how about an Accord?

She'll get maybe 7.5 liters per 100 kms...so she will save half her fuel costs...but, at 2000 kms a month, it's going to take her 166 months to recover her investment...

I never argued your math/logic regarding finances FWIW. Just pointing out that yes, Infiniti's can be "gas guzzler's". I agree that spending tens of thousands to slightly improve your gas mileage (if it's the only reason) is silly reason to change cars.

Now if the Infniti is long in the tooth, will be needing major maintenance/repairs shortly and she's thinking of buying a new car regardless and just happens to want her new one to be more efficient...

She's always driving around (work, driving my sister and i) Her truck needs a few new things that will cost around 8000$ and she doesn't really have fun driving it anymore. She is going to get a Fusion.

Is it better to lease a car for 48 months at 349$ a month or just outright buy it for $30000

She's always driving around (work, driving my sister and i) Her truck needs a few new things that will cost around 8000$ and she doesn't really have fun driving it anymore. She is going to get a Fusion.

Is it better to lease a car for 48 months at 349$ a month or just outright buy it for $30000

The problem is there are barely any used ones because this is a completely new style, she getting 1.49% interest for 48 months at 349$ a month, but just from personal experiances is it better to lease or buy?

Archived