The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New car

Versace

Relax man, take a chill pill. I wasn't comparing any old Kia out there, I was talking about the 2014 Kia Optima. Its not just the Kia Optima that looks like a luxury car, even the 2014 Ford Fusion looks like a top of a line car. Car manufacturers have really uped their game when it comes to exterior design of an economy car.

Well, the exterior looks really good. After all, the designer of Kia is a german designer and the former designer of Audi who has won multiple awards. IF you didn't know it was a Kia, you would probably mistake it for an Audi or some European car.

The actual shape of the car looks ok. Much nicer than your typical Kia I will admit. A lot of aspects of the car still look cheap though. Headlights, drl's, grill, valance, wheels etc. It still looks "cheap" to me. Side by side with a base model c-class which is well below 90k and I'd hope you could tell the difference.

honda's have stolen rear taillight designs from bmw for years, its not news and doesn't make them look better

You don't need a magnifying glass for it, its a cheap knock-off that is obvious when looking at any of the pieces that make up the whole. Kia and hyundai have been doing this for as long as I can think of. They take a c-class, or a4 or 3 series, and see how cheaply they can make something that vaguely resembles it.

Nothing wrong with that, but don't expect to get credit from any gearhead. They are marketing towards people who don't want to spend the coin for a quality car.

You probably have X-Ray visions that detect what type of material is used to make the car. Honestly, I couldn't really make out big differences if I saw a Kia Optima and a luxury car at a glance (Not knowing the brands of both cars).

Kia-Optima_2011_1280x960_wallpaper_02.jpg

VS.

Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-Sports.jpg

Where is this huge difference that you see visually that makes one car look economy and the other look luxurious? In fact, I like the styling cues of the Optima better than the Benz. Its not like am comparing a 1990 plastic looking dodge neon to a 2014 Lambourghini Murceilago. My point is that car manufacturers are making the economy cars look way better than they looked in older models. Either you don't really get my point or you are just trying to make an argument with me.

Renault:

the engine is good in cold weather operations and it´t really smooth but the car isn´t good on hot weather, that´s why the car sells well in south/southern and very bad in north/northeast/west

Pegeout:

nice suspension and the concept is easy to undertand, the suspension is very strong and it´s a funny car to drive, but the engine isn´t that great, and the car can´t deal on very thought condition...

Fiat:

cars designed for sadomasochistic people, I don´t know what´s the problem with Italians but Fiats seem so stiff to drive you fell you´re fighting with the car. also they don´t have a clear division between the lines, which one is the entry model, which one is the Sedan and which one is the premium model. the super compact model (Fiat Uno) is just like a box, nothing more than you can see...

Subaru:

their SUVs and trucks sells like water here and the "Imprenza" is a must if you´re going to the Subaro dealer, no wonder they did a good job in Rallys...

Hyundai:

Koreans should increase the marketing here because many people don´t know what a Hyundai is, their premium models sells well but they didn´t have a popular car easy to attract people here. and they need sell cars with flexfuel and biolfuel tecnology or they will not improve their sells in Brazil...

Suzuki:

they´re doing well on their SUVs and Trucks (4x4) division and people are buying them, but they must increase/create more dealers around the country and put more assists around the country because people in the north/northeast buy Suzuki´s cars but can´t find assistance easyly...

Renault:

the engine is good in cold weather operations and it´t really smooth but the car isn´t good on hot weather, that´s why the car sells well in south/southern and very bad in north/northeast/west

Pegeout:

nice suspension and the concept is easy to undertand, the suspension is very strong and it´s a funny car to drive, but the engine isn´t that great, and the car can´t deal on very thought condition...

Fiat:

cars designed for sadomasochistic people, I don´t know what´s the problem with Italians but Fiats seem so stiff to drive you fell you´re fighting with the car. also they don´t have a clear division between the lines, which one is the entry model, which one is the Sedan and which one is the premium model. the super compact model (Fiat Uno) is just like a box, nothing more than you can see...

Subaru:

their SUVs and trucks sells like water here and the "Imprenza" is a must if you´re going to the Subaro dealer, no wonder they did a good job in Rallys...

Hyundai:

Koreans should increase the marketing here because many people don´t know what a Hyundai is, their premium models sells well but they didn´t have a popular car easy to attract people here. and they need sell cars with flexfuel and biolfuel tecnology or they will not improve their sells in Brazil...

Suzuki:

they´re doing well on their SUVs and Trucks (4x4) division and people are buying them, but they must increase/create more dealers around the country and put more assists around the country because people in the north/northeast buy Suzuki´s cars but can´t find assistance easyly...

100% going with the Fusion SE 1.6L Ecoboost with StartStop, Nav, All the other good stuff for around 29k in the platinum white, we are getting chrome around the full windows not just underneath and chrome handels, we might also get leather seats and upgraded rims but thats just an option....

100% going with the Fusion SE 1.6L Ecoboost with StartStop, Nav, All the other good stuff for around 29k in the platinum white, we are getting chrome around the full windows not just underneath and chrome handels, we might also get leather seats and upgraded rims but thats just an option....

Hyundai:

Archived