The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Sign Mason Raymond or not?

TIGER SINGH

307 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No, he has a small run each year that makes his admirers go crazy for the season. He's useless on for this team for the rest of the year.

All he does now is take up minutes that a rookie could take and use for development.

Let him sign out east where his career might come back around for him. Though I see him ending up overseas

If we trade Hansen or Higgins sure. No way I want him playing on the second line. We've had too many third line wingers for years. Thank goodness MG's stupidity has forced him not to sign Raymond. If we had more cap space that numbskull would probably re-sign him.

Seems to me that a player of his caliber, (one with blinding speed and a hard shot, etc., etc.) would be more likely to be on pace or actually have better than a low 40 point season and a career high of 53. He definitely seems to be lacking something (sure footedness?) from his game.

I voted no to resigning Raymond because he's not really what this team needs (a 2nd/3rd line tweener who only shows up for a couple games at a time now and then during the season and hardly at all in the playoffs), although if he were to be offered the league minimum and accept it, I think that would be ok.

Raymond is my favorite player, but with Higgins locked in there's just no room. The spot can be filled by a young gun, or a trade can be made.

I would be game for kicking someone out to make room, but not adding him on top. Im sure he'll be fine though, should have a solid season/career wherever he winds up.

You can't just give out No-Trade clauses like candy, these can really handcuff a team and force them into undesirable positions. What kind of GM do you think would just give out No-Trade clauses to more than a few players?

As for the topic at hand, in not much of a Raymond fan. However, if he is willing to sign for under 2, that's something you have to consider.

That said, if he does take a pay cut, it will be on a team that has a spot where he can excel, something definitely in the top-6. I doubt he'd sign here again just to languish on the 3rd line and end up with the same question marks a year from now.

Archived