The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Sign Mason Raymond or not?

TIGER SINGH

307 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was a huge fan of his rookie campaign and continue to be a fan of his. I don't think he deserves all the flack he gets. IMO he is better than Grabner now and when grabs was on the nucks. I am expecting him to make MG look bad wherever he goes. None the less If I were MG I wouldn't sign him. His spot could be used for rookie development. Especially with the deal Shredder just took looks like there is a new undersized speedster in town.

Why is this even being discussed? The Raymond experiment has been going on for nearly a decade now. He's not all of a sudden going to turn into a 50 point top-6 forward. It's time to move on. Jensen can easily bring what little Raymond brought and has the size bonus all for under a mil

No.

He has not (and the Canucks have not) been able to develop his excellent early potential into goal scoring consistency with added physical toughness. Without either of these qualities, at this stage of Mason's career, he will be struggling to retain a regular roster spot on any team in the NHL.

It is still possible that a move to another team might benefit him, if they are able to develop his potential further than it has been developed in Vancouver.

Either way, I wish him the best of luck for his future, wherever he ends up.... just not here.

Archived