The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Out of Control Oil Spill has Gov't "Freaking Out"

nucklehead

I never said or implied that. However, the response of "no" to the question "do you use oil/gas on a daily basis" seems to be a bit far-fetched, don't you think?

My beef in that response is moreso directed at the arrogance of that user in thinking that electricity, hydro, and public transportation vehicles don't have an oil/gas footprint.

All the things I enjoy, sports car, motorcycle, boats etc...all use fuel. Unfortunately, I am all for progress to making fuel cheaper or vehicles more efficient. If some frogs have to die so that I can enjoy my free time, I guess that is the unfortunate part of the process. Either make my vehicles run on air, water or dirt or keep doing everything you can to make my fuel cheaper.

All the things I enjoy, sports car, motorcycle, boats etc...all use fuel. Unfortunately, I am all for progress to making fuel cheaper or vehicles more efficient. If some frogs have to die so that I can enjoy my free time, I guess that is the unfortunate part of the process. Either make my vehicles run on air, water or dirt or keep doing everything you can to make my fuel cheaper.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_companies_by_revenue

A list of the most powerful companies in the world, notice how most of them are in the business of fossil fuels?

They will not be stopped so that leaves us with 2 options.

1. Sit in basement and complain about it in the Internet

2. Get out of basement and find ways to capitalize on living in a country that has the 2nd biggest oil reserve on earth that just happens to live above the biggest consumer of oil on earth.

http://en.m.wikipedi...nies_by_revenue

A list of the most powerful companies in the world, notice how most of them are in the business of fossil fuels?

They will not be stopped so that leaves us with 2 options.

1. Sit in basement and complain about it in the Internet

2. Get out of basement and find ways to capitalize on living in a country that has the 2nd biggest oil reserve on earth that just happens to live above the biggest consumer of oil on earth.

The spill kinda baffles me, because if it was just spilled on the ground I can't see it being that big of an issue. The ground is made of oil for Christ sake.

If it is seeping into an aquifer or into the water network at all then I see how it would be a concern.

I think it's an unconventional spill, it has something to do with the mining. Maybe now that the oilsands are exposed to the elements the oil is moving downward.

Archived