The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Current NHL Players ---- COMPLETED LIST

Peaches

Bob had 1 good season Luongos had countless.

As of today, here are Luongo's main stats:

Games Played

747 Games

Wins

348 Wins

Shutouts

62 Shutouts

Rinne/Bob aren't even close and Luongo still has a lot of wins in him, putting him above Hasek/Fuhr and many others. Luongo also will be the 3rd Goalie to reach 1000GP ever.

Luongo will easily finish as a top 5 goalie of all time.

Luongo=0 vezinas

Bobrovsky=1 vezina

For one, this isn't an 'all time' list, it's a 'current' list. Meaning it takes into account the last 3 years.

Also, saying Lu will finish as a top 5 goalie of all-time is ludicrous. Top ten is a massive homer quote. Top 20 is maybe reasonable.

As for the Lu arguments, too many people are forgetting that this is a list of current players, not all-time active players. While Lu's career is surely better than others such as Bobrovsky and Rinne, I wouldn't really say he is currently better than them.

As for the Lu arguments, too many people are forgetting that this is a list of current players, not all-time active players. While Lu's career is surely better than others such as Bobrovsky and Rinne, I wouldn't really say he is currently better than them.

Did you not just read what I said? Do you even understand Hockey? So past 3 years eh? Well lets see...

Bob got the Vezina in a shortened season... I think he's good, but not the best let alone top 5 in the league. Luongo in the past 3 years has had a Vezina nod and has won the Jennings and carried a broken team to game 7 of the SCF. Bob...didn't make the play-offs.

A team with 3 all-stars, 2 art-ross winners, a selke winner, and the best back-up in our franchise's history is not broken.

Not hard to be the most winning goalie in Florida's history, Vanbiesbrouck is the only other goalie of note to play there.

I never have, and never will be a Lu hater. He's always been my favourite Canucks player since I became a fan in the 08-09 season. However, YOU CANNOT BE ONE OF THE TOP TEN, LET ALONE TOP FIVE GOALIES WITHOUT EVER WINNING THE VEZINA.

This is reasonable. I have to ask though, who would you unseat to add Luongo? Do you honestly think he's a better player than any of these guys?

:P I was just saying I disagree and feel that if you are going to have Lundqivst @ 8 and Quick @ 13 then Luongo deserves to be in the list... Despite how Vancouver has treated him you cannot deny he is in the top 5 best goalies in the league and it is proven by being a "back-up" and getting invited to play for Team Canada in the Olympics.

In my opinion:

• Chara should have been higher than the Sedins (Sedins too high)

• Kesler wayyyy too high

• Gaborik should have been 30-40

• Lucic should have made the list (a bit biased)

I'd love to see flames fans or any other fans make a list and compare it too our list

While I am one to agree of his all-time greatness, not so much of his recent greatness. Last year, he was 31st in save percentage, and over the combined course of the past two years, he's been at 18th.

Good goaltender? Yes. Solid starter? Definitely. Top 5 best in the league currently? I'm not so sure.

Archived