The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Snubbed for Canada's Olympic Orientation?

JamesB

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We're not a Canadian Heavy-team.. we have fewer Canadian players than most of the American teams out there.

In fact, we're one of the heaviest teams for USA and Swede players in the whole league.

I wouldn't doubt that Booth,Kesler & Higgins will all get invites.

And we all know that the twins and edler are going...

So, just because team Canada is only going invite 2 players.... I'm not feeling snubbed.

A good way to fix this for future olympics is to stop drafting and trading and signing foreigners so much.... but let's face it, who cares if they are from other countries if they can help us win the cup.

Never lol... I was surprised to be honest that more than Luongo was invited. So congrats to Hamhuis. No feeling at all that Vancouver was snubbed, the fans who feel that way really got to get over themselves lol.

this is why we as a fan base are the laughing stock of the nhl. can't just be happy that we have 6 invites on usa canada and Sweden alone. gotta find something to complain about.

love this team

hate most of our fans

way to make something positive into something negative

go canucks go

Hamhuis has now played in five world Championships for Canada and two world Junior Championships.

Hammer was invited to the last Olympics camp but was cut.

Hope he makes it this go round.

Hamhuis played in four straight world championships for Canada from 2006 to 2009. He was a member of the last Canadian team to win world championship gold in 2007.

He also won silver medals in 2008 and 2009, the second time under current head coach Lindy Ruff.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...da-belarus.html

I'm surprised Hammer even got invited. Lots of worse snubbs that are not Canucks imo.

I doubt guys like Marchand, Lucic, J. Staal, Kunitz would make it. Would you sub Burrows in for any of those players anyway? Probably not.

I'm not surprised at all that no one else was invited other than Luongo and Hamhuis.

I was actually kind of hoping that Burrows would atleast get invited, but like many

other posters have said, team Canada is too deep at every position for any other

Canucks to make it.

A lot of people saying that Burrows isn't elite or the best of the best. If you look at the roster, there's a lot of players on the list that aren't elite or best of the best, you have Marchand and Lucic both invited after having disappointing years (Claude Julien is an assistant coach) while a player like Benn was left off. You could make the argument that if Kunitz gets an invite so should Burrows because you know if Kunitz it's because he played with Crosby. And I'd say as players on their own Burrows=Kunitz

Then you have invitees like Hall and Eberle who are known for their offensive abilities but are going to be playing depth roles on this team Canada. Which leads to the question, what identity is team Canada going for on international ice, inviting guys like Marchand and Lucic as bottom 6 guys but also bringing in Hall and Eberle when there are elite two-way guys in Toews, Bergeron, Ladd and Couture who are shoe-ins to make the team Imo.

Basically, based on some players that got invited, Burrows got snubbed BUT there are way better players that got snubbed ahead of Burrows that should have been invited, namely Jamie Benn

Archived