The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's a Boy! Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton Gives Birth

Warhippy

The people of England have never not had a monarchy of one type or another.

You may not like it as a citizen of another country but that is beside the fact. The governance of the Uk is up to the British people. They didn't recently just decide to suddenly one day have a monarchy and a parliament. Read the history, understand the evolution of the governance, and what impact that has had on the consciousness of the world regarding our rights as human beings.

The ignorance regarding the monarchy is strong on the west coast.

I heard it put this way: "If every millionaire did a small percentage of the charity and humanitarian work done by the royals, the world would be an infinitely better place"

Also, you need to know where your coming from to know where you are going. (At this point I'm sure some of you are thinking "but I come from chin/korea/Russia" ) Whatever, you're Canadian now and you should know the values,, principles and morals this country was founded upon.

Is a monarchy archaic, dated and obsolete? MAybe, but it represents the foundations of civilization as we know it. The Reigning Monarch may just be a figurehead these days, but s/he is represents our freedoms and ways of life. That's why they are called OUr Sovereign AKA The person who is recognized and and embodies our FREEDOMS.

These people contribute more to the betterment of civilization than you can ever imagine. Bodee will most likely disagree lol

I'd say touche but you might not be aware of how he operated. (gave you a +1 for accuracy though)

He was more of a conqueror than most of England's kings ever were, and his religious zealotry mingled with his dictatorial regime made him not much different than the Ayatollah is today.

The Monarchy represents a society where 5-10% at most of the population lived extremely well while the rest lived like sh!T. The Nobles treated the average person like slaves and taxed the frack out of them , and they were expected to fight and die for nothing in the wars the nobles started. This attitude persisted up until WW1 , when Lord Kitchener , the general who was in charge of allied forces in WW1 was questioned about the hundreds of thousands of young Britons dying in France , he replied that it was their duty to die at the command of the aristocracy. You are living in a fantasy land if you think these parasites have contributed to the betterment of civilisation.

Sad how many on here who post negative like "who cares" or what have you...

Why don't you guys grow up for a change.

You don't like tradition, fine.

Congrats Prince William and Kate.

BTW, I was also 8 lbs 6 oz at birth!

Just a couple questions for those of you who don't care. Why the hell even come into this thread if you don't care? Do you have that much time on your hands that you just have to come in here and let everyone know your disapproval?

Congrats to the new mum and dad.

Archived