The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's a Boy! Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton Gives Birth

Warhippy

Well that's a better percentage than today where only 1% of the population controls the majority!

And So what? Every Government that comes to power uses the populace to further their own agenda and stay in power. Millions die in the name of God or Allah. It's all stupid but if you look on the other side, you might see the good that is done.

But maybe you are right. The Brits and Canadians and Aussies and Kiwis should have just let Ze Germans march all over Europe in the 1920's, that would have saved all the nastiness in the 1940s right?? Then we would all be speaking Doiche today and maybe we would be cheering for ze Wancouvah Blitzkrieg!!!! instead of the canucks. At the beginning of the game we could all raise our right hand and pronounce our devotion to the Fuhrer instead of singing Oh Canada.

Or Maybe we would be all be speaking Japanese and guess what, instead of British rulers as FIGUREHEADS, we would have JAPANESE monarchs, most likely in a more involved role and certainly not as a representation of our freedoms and rights.

You had said something to the effect of the Monarchy using the population as some kind of fodder for their own personal gain. You are speaking about events which occurred CENTURIES ago. By that logic, half the governments in the world today should be abolished, Canada and the US included.

As far as standard of living, technology and medicine were the main contributers there. Oh and also massive debt. If you are in debt today, then you actually are a present day vassal. But there is no face to blame anymore, just mega corporations and corrupt governments. Not sure what your point is there.

Well what, exactly, are you balking against? Was England supposed to come down there and save Australia while Hitler was on their doorstep half a world away?

If you step back and look at it, you might see that we were all on the same team and remain so to this day. England is Canada's strongest ally. Unless there are people here who would rather bow down to the Bald Eagle and the Almighty Dollar, then everyone should just do a quick historic fact check before they go spouting off about down with this or down with that.

I don't know what they are teaching in schools these days, if anything at all. Seems like a bunch of me first and the gimme gimmes coming up and they are in for a shock.

You had said something to the effect of the Monarchy using the population as some kind of fodder for their own personal gain. You are speaking about events which occurred CENTURIES ago. By that logic, half the governments in the world today should be abolished, Canada and the US included.

As far as standard of living, technology and medicine were the main contributers there. Oh and also massive debt. If you are in debt today, then you actually are a present day vassal. But there is no face to blame anymore, just mega corporations and corrupt governments. Not sure what your point is there.

Well what, exactly, are you balking against? Was England supposed to come down there and save Australia while Hitler was on their doorstep half a world away?

If you step back and look at it, you might see that we were all on the same team and remain so to this day. England is Canada's strongest ally. Unless there are people here who would rather bow down to the Bald Eagle and the Almighty Dollar, then everyone should just do a quick historic fact check before they go spouting off about down with this or down with that.

I don't know what they are teaching in schools these days, if anything at all. Seems like a bunch of me first and the gimme gimmes coming up and they are in for a shock.

I got a question for those of you who care. Why the hell do you even care? Do you have that much time on your hands that you just have to care about some person having a baby half way across the world and let everyone know your excitement?

May the child be the last royalty Canada sees.

Whoa yourself there dude , I would do my research before I opened my mouth and stated something is "completely false",

Causes of declining life expectancy in Russia.

Notzon FC, Komarov YM, Ermakov SP, Sempos CT, Marks JS, Sempos EV.

Source

National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Department of Health and Human Services, Hyattsville, Md 20782, USA. fcn2@cdc.gov

Abstract

CONTEXT:

Russian life expectancy has fallen sharply in the 1990s, but the impact of the major causes of death on that decline has not been measured.

OBJECTIVE:

To assess the contribution of selected causes of death to the dramatic decline in life expectancy in Russia in the years following the breakup of the Soviet Union.

DESIGN:

Mortality and natality data from the vital statistics systems of Russia and the United States.

SETTING:

Russia, 1990-1994.

POPULATION:

Entire population of Russia.

MAIN OUTCOME VARIABLES:

Mortality rates, life expectancy, and contribution to change in life expectancy.

METHODS:

Application of standard life-table methods to calculate life expectancy by year, and a partitioning method to assess the contribution of specific causes of death and age groups to the overall decline in life expectancy. United States data presented for comparative purposes.

RESULTS:

Age-adjusted mortality in Russia rose by almost 33% between 1990 and 1994. During that period, life expectancy for Russian men and women declined dramatically from 63.8 and 74.4 years to 57.7 and 71.2 years, respectively, while in the United States, life expectancy increased for both men and women from 71.8 and 78.8 years to 72.4 and 79.0 years, respectively. More than 75% of the decline in life expectancy was due to increased mortality rates for ages 25 to 64 years. Overall, cardiovascular diseases (heart disease and stroke) and injuries accounted for 65% of the decline in life expectancy while infectious diseases, including pneumonia and influenza, accounted for 5.8%, chronic liver diseases and cirrhosis for 2.4%, other alcohol-related causes for 9.6%, and cancer for 0.7%. Increases in cardiovascular mortality accounted for 41.6% of the decline in life expectancy for women and 33.4% for men, while increases in mortality from injuries (eg, falls, occupational injuries, motor vehicle crashes, suicides, and homicides) accounted for 32.8% of the decline in life expectancy for men and 21.8% for women.

CONCLUSION:

The striking rise in Russian mortality is beyond the peacetime experience of industrialized countries, with a 5-year decline in life expectancy in 4 years' time. Many factors appear to be operating simultaneously, including economic and social instability, high rates of tobacco and alcohol consumption, poor nutrition, depression, and deterioration of the health care system. Problems in data quality and reporting appear unable to account for these findings. These results clearly demonstrate that major declines in health and life expectancy can take place rapidly As always I have taken my tools from science and I have got my facts correct.

Just a couple questions for those of you who don't care. Why the hell even come into this thread if you don't care? Do you have that much time on your hands that you just have to come in here and let everyone know your disapproval?

Congrats to the new mum and dad.

Archived