The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Utica Comets Captain?

UticaHockey

Were you typing that on your phone? :unsure:

But Pelletier and Biega have captaincy experience, as well as Price, who I already mentioned. I could see them being a leadership group. I'd really need to know more about each player though for how well they'd fit and I'm sure they'll look at how the team gets along to see who should have the 'C'.

Were you typing that on your phone? :unsure:

But Pelletier and Biega have captaincy experience, as well as Price, who I already mentioned. I could see them being a leadership group. I'd really need to know more about each player though for how well they'd fit and I'm sure they'll look at how the team gets along to see who should have the 'C'.

No idea why they'd pick Archibald; he hasn't worn a C, although he did wear an A for part of his time in junior. As I mentioned, Price and Biega have both been captains (Colgate and Harvard respectively) so they'd be more likely to get involved as alternates than Archibald.

I like how archibald plays, its good to have hard working tough players in your leadership group. it's something i thought was missing from the wolves, the leaders on that team weren't getting the guys fired up. Price and Biega would be good choices to be sure, I just like the idea of having some toughness within the leadership group.

I would think a captain would generally be a player that is likely not going to be called up to the Canucks because you want a consistent captain on the team. It is more suited for a player with lots of AHL experience and preferably to a good mentor. With that said, I could see a player like Colin Stuart being the captain with Pelletier being an assistant with the other assistant being given to a younger leader on the team.

I would think a captain would generally be a player that is likely not going to be called up to the Canucks because you want a consistent captain on the team. It is more suited for a player with lots of AHL experience and preferably to a good mentor. With that said, I could see a player like Colin Stuart being the captain with Pelletier being an assistant with the other assistant being given to a younger leader on the team.

• 2 weeks later...

Hamill has been an alternate captain at times in the AHL and junior, but I doubt he gets the 'C' in Utica. They'll likely be very focussed on him regaining some of the projected form from when he was drafted rather than burden him with leadership responsibility, especially if there is any truth to his extra curricular activities.

Archived