The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dubai pardons Norwegian woman charged with illicit sex after rape claim

nuckin_futz

Those places are overrated, old and run down to me now. They have lost the mystical appeal they used to have and I honestly have no interest in being there. In your mind its this one great experience but the reality is that you're spending majority of time in countries that suck, to go see an attraction that's packed with tourists for only a small fraction of the trip. I have heard plenty of stories from well travelled people on how the attractions - such as pyramids, great wall - were 'ok' but the stay overall was crappy. That's the reality of it.

As far as the club scene/nightclubs some of my friends are DJs and set up laser light shows anywhere on a dime. There are good places to party in most advanced nations. If I do travel it would be return visits to Hawaii, Spain, Italy and a couple other euro places. I do love to travel a lot in BC to party and very happy locally too at the moment.

Lastly funny enough my girlfriend who is Iranian.... Convinced me not to visit Iran as I told her I would go with her back there. She literally told me not to bother going. That's coming from an Iranian. Lol.

That is a pretty narrow minded point of view. Until you have gone to these places and seen some of the attractions they have to offer, you are just basing your conclusion on other people's experience. Some people also have had bad experiences travelling in Europe, so I guess it is pretty crappy and overrated too :rolleyes:

I've been to Hawaii, and I've been to Spain and Italy but those places don't offer some of the appeal or uniqueness that the countries I mentioned offer, especially from a nature point of view. I don't see an African Lion in Italy or a big Crocodile found in Amazon jungles in Spain. Going to those countries is an adventure and you would probably find things that you won't find in European or North American countries.

Maybe your girlfriend doesn't want you to go to Iran because she thinks you would feel "uncomfortable" going to a third world country doesn't look like Canada or US. I guess it would be a cultural shock to you if you visited a third world country or went a bit out of your comfort zone in those countries that "suck".

Archived