The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Less Worries of Luongo "Showing Up"?

frmVancouverBC

Now that Roberto Luongo has been invited to the Olympic Orientation Camp:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=678667

Can we expect that he will show up to play at least in the first half of the season so he has a chance to be named the starter for Team Canada?

I mean, we all expect him to come and compete because that's what he gets paid to do, but with all the media attention around reconciling the relationship with Roberto and all, maybe this is an extra incentive for him.

He is not the runaway candidate to win the starting spot, although he was 5-0 with one shutout winning the gold medal. Corey Crawford just came off an amazing season and post season.

Now that Roberto Luongo has been invited to the Olympic Orientation Camp:

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=678667

Can we expect that he will show up to play at least in the first half of the season so he has a chance to be named the starter for Team Canada?

I mean, we all expect him to come and compete because that's what he gets paid to do, but with all the media attention around reconciling the relationship with Roberto and all, maybe this is an extra incentive for him.

He is not the runaway candidate to win the starting spot, although he was 5-0 with one shutout winning the gold medal. Corey Crawford just came off an amazing season and post season.

If he comes back plays his heart out keeps that great sense of humour and manages to either backstop or help Canada win yet another gold medal....people will still call his contract an anchor, still claim he is overrated and still say "well where's his cup ring" We all know/knew he was coming back that was never in question.

If he comes back plays his heart out keeps that great sense of humour and manages to either backstop or help Canada win yet another gold medal....people will still call his contract an anchor, still claim he is overrated and still say "well where's his cup ring" We all know/knew he was coming back that was never in question.

He's going to be starter of the Canucks for at least 80+ games then Babcock(coach of Canada) will realize that he's the true starter for the team Canada in Sochi Olympics no doubt about him I bet he'll win 1st 10 gms of the season for the Canucks

Archived