The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Less Worries of Luongo "Showing Up"?

frmVancouverBC

I would say he won it, based on the 4 games played in the playoffs.

Cory proved nothing - though he really should not have been playing. I couldn't believe AV started Schneider cold when Luongo was playing well. I stuck by AV through most crap people gave him but I thought he should have started Luongo. Not that it would have mattered - we still would have lost the series.

hahaha you guys are just so bitter and mad the Cory Schneider was traded when you all thought there was no way in hell he would. I would have loved to seen your reactions when the news came out.

I bet Nino couldn't sleep for at least 2 days

I was never a Cory homer, I just thought he was a better option the Lou. Just so you know the Canucks did as well but they couldn't trade Lou!!! Lou may not play for us as well so don't count your chickens and get on your stilts just yet.

He may not but I'll admit even I thought there was no way Lu stays here and Schneider gets dealt. We were all just kind of hoping and rationalizing it. Funny that it actually happened. I was shocked just as much as you lol

Guest Dasein

Last 12 playoff games for the Canucks... Only one win... Was from Cory and he did outplay Lou most of the last two years. That being said its water under the bridge and goaltending is not our issue unless Lou is a no show.

Yeah, let's count it from the last 12 games because that makes me seem correct and the stats look impressive.

Genius.

FYI - Cory Schneider is has only 1 win in his 5 career playoff starts. Translation: only one win in the last 5 playoff games. Cory has HARDLY outplayed Luongo in my mind.

Roberto Luongo has 32 career wins along with 31 career losses. Yes, he lost 11 of the last 12 - but the man is still above .500 and has shown before he can win. I don't see what point you're trying to make.

In the last 2 years? What matters is that neither could get more than 1 win. That's not a goaltending problem - that's a team problem. And yes, Schneider played better than Luongo in 2012 against the Kings, but Luongo outplayed Schneider (although he came in cold) in 2013 against the Sharks. That's why I said he won - he didn't finish in net, but he was the better of the two in their last showings.

I actually thought there was no way they could trade a down trending over rated pressure leaker. With a monstrosity contract that not even a non cap glen slather would touch.

I was right, so who has the bragging rights?

NOBODY!!

If you are a fan of the Canucks you lost that trade.

It's unprecedented, no athlete has ever publicly stated he wanted a trade then was forced to play for that team because he is unmovable.

I just can't see him playing for very much longer.

I actually thought there was no way they could trade a down trending over rated pressure leaker. With a monstrosity contract that not even a non cap glen slather would touch.

I was right, so who has the bragging rights?

NOBODY!!

If you are a fan of the Canucks you lost that trade.

It's unprecedented, no athlete has ever publicly stated he wanted a trade then was forced to play for that team because he is unmovable.

I just can't see him playing for very much longer.

Archived