The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Less Worries of Luongo "Showing Up"?

frmVancouverBC

Anyone thinking that Crawford should be starter .. lol....

Luo will clearly be starter, he said he's excited for the opportunity to represent Canada at the biggest stage. Crawford will be like a Fleury in 2010, he won't play any games.

Preliminary's will be split between either Lou/Smith or Lou/Price.

Guest Pinchin

Why does everyone build a tower of excuses for Luongo?

Actually never mind I'm just going to get a tower of excuses for a response

Anyone that says Cory Crawford is a Chris Osgood did not watch the playoffs this year. Seconds after winning the Conn Smyth Patrick Kane said Crawford deserves this.

He won't start in front of Luongo I agree, but stop down grading your common sense to defend your hero.

Crawford is a phenomenal goaltender and outrageously underrated, don't be surprised if he dethrones your king.

Why does everyone build a tower of excuses for Luongo?

Actually never mind I'm just going to get a tower of excuses for a response

Anyone that says Cory Crawford is a Chris Osgood did not watch the playoffs this year. Seconds after winning the Conn Smyth Patrick Kane said Crawford deserves this.

He won't start in front of Luongo I agree, but stop down grading your common sense to defend your hero.

Crawford is a phenomenal goaltender and outrageously underrated, don't be surprised if he dethrones your king.

I thnk you would have to define "everyone". HOWEVER, I believe what you are referring to is the amount of over the top praise and blind defending that goes on in the face of the over the top criticism and punitive ballbreaking. Don't get too caught up in what people say and write, certainly don't lump large groups together with opinions, becuase I think Luongo is a good goalie, I will be happy if he plays here and the Olympics, but I don't think he is the be all and end all. I also think Crawford is a good goalie. The comparisons to Osgood are regurgitated from media insiders and pundits. I like Lu, but My King is Richard Brodeur and he and Crawford won't be battling for a spot.

Archived