The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where can I rent a big boat? 15 or so person capacity?

apollo

Does anyone here have any idea where I can rent a relatively nice boat or small yatch for about 15 people. I would want it for the day... I know it must be expensive but we would split the cost between the 15 people.

I've checked Google and found some but nothing that would fit around 15-20 people.

Any help would be much appreciated. It doesn't have to be vancouver 100%... whistler Kelowna vancouver squamish .... where ever near BC

Thanks in advance!

Edit: can be at a lake or sea. We just want to celebrate a birthday on it and possibly have a good time

A houseboat is just about your only option. I'd be shocked if you can rent them anywhere in the metro Vancouver area as they are almost exclusively a lake boat. Moreso, most won't be available for just a day- a weekend minimum (at least during the summer).

For any ocean capable boat that can handle that many people you would be looking a truly huge yacht which would require something more than your usual online boater's license.

If you're really serious, your best bet is to inquire to some of these dinner cruise outfitters (there's the main players in the coal harbor area but there are also individuals doing it from their private yachts) and request a private function. Everything else aside, you'll have a lot more fun and be a lot safer having someone else skipper the boat while you and your friends party,

A houseboat is just about your only option. I'd be shocked if you can rent them anywhere in the metro Vancouver area as they are almost exclusively a lake boat. Moreso, most won't be available for just a day- a weekend minimum (at least during the summer).

For any ocean capable boat that can handle that many people you would be looking a truly huge yacht which would require something more than your usual online boater's license.

If you're really serious, your best bet is to inquire to some of these dinner cruise outfitters (there's the main players in the coal harbor area but there are also individuals doing it from their private yachts) and request a private function. Everything else aside, you'll have a lot more fun and be a lot safer having someone else skipper the boat while you and your friends party,

There are all kinds of liability issues surrounding this too....boats + alcohol generally don't mix so well so you'd have to have someone really responsible in charge. We had a ski boat and insurance wasn't easy to come by as a result of being a "high risk" activity. But if someone gets drunk and falls overboard, etc. it's something to consider before, not after the fact.

I know, Debbie Downer here. But, honestly, take care...no one ever thinks it'll happen to them but we've already had about 45 water related deaths in BC this year (which is pretty mind blowing). So cover all the bases rather than be sorry later.

There are all kinds of liability issues surrounding this too....boats + alcohol generally don't mix so well so you'd have to have someone really responsible in charge.   We had a ski boat and insurance wasn't easy to come by as a result of being a "high risk" activity.  But if someone gets drunk and falls overboard, etc. it's something to consider before, not after the fact.

I know, Debbie Downer here.  But, honestly, take care...no one ever thinks it'll happen to them but we've already had about 45 water related deaths in BC this year (which is pretty mind blowing).  So cover all the bases rather than be sorry later.

Find a Pontoon boat to rent for the day. Lots of marinas and resorts rent them daily in the Okanogan and Shuswap lakes. Great party barges and if you get one with enough HP, you can tube and wakeboard behind it. Some one with you has to have a pleasure craft license to rent and the popo are out looking for party boats on them busy lakes.

Come to Burns Lake and ill take you and 5 friends out on my boat. It's only 11 hours away.

Archived