The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Could we had traded for Nash

rick nash is the most overrated player in the league. he's a 60-80 point player, 2 career ppg seasons (one of which was only 54 games), and overall for his career he's 0,82 ppg, and he's been a "star player" since he was drafted.

by comparison, henrik sedin is career 0.84 ppg despite spending his first 4 years in a depth role, and has 4 ppg seasons and a few others that basically were ppg.

nash is worth 1/2 - 2/3 of his salary at best. i wouldn't take the guy as a cap dump, let alone coughing up assets for him.

rick nash is the most overrated player in the league. he's a 60-80 point player, 2 career ppg seasons (one of which was only 54 games), and overall for his career he's 0,82 ppg, and he's been a "star player" since he was drafted.

by comparison, henrik sedin is career 0.84 ppg despite spending his first 4 years in a depth role, and has 4 ppg seasons and a few others that basically were ppg.

nash is worth 1/2 - 2/3 of his salary at best. i wouldn't take the guy as a cap dump, let alone coughing up assets for him.

IF that was rumored to be true, then yes! I don't care how overrated he is, he's still a very good top 6 forward. Hodgson was useless on the 3rd line, Manny was great there, we could have gotten a backup to replace Schneids. Booth isn't that bad though, counter in the 1st I'd say we wouldn't have lost that badly.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Samuelsson-Kesler-Nash

Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen

Torres-Lapierre-Raymond

something along the lines of that ^

Nash's cap hit isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. If the cap does in fact climb as high as 90 million his contract will actually look cheap.

Columbus trades him for what appears to be nothing, yet the team gets better

NY gets Nash for what appears to be nothing and gets worse.

I'm confused...

Who got nothing in return again?

Archived