The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN-DAL

I love that trade the only roster player we give up is Edler and we get a pair of guys who can both play as the third center in Peverley who was great at faceoffs with Boston and Eakins who is a great gritty two way player and a big mean physical shutdown dman and a good d man prospect our forwards would improve greatly and we can maybe give them Booth as well and our defense would be a bit weak but it could get us by until the trade deadline and then we can upgrade it with another top 4 guy

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins Eakins Hansen

Richardson Peverley Santorelli

Sesito

Don't think Dallas would trade someone they just acquired but I'd do it.

I love that trade the only roster player we give up is Edler and we get a pair of guys who can both play as the third center in Peverley who was great at faceoffs with Boston and Eakins who is a great gritty two way player and a big mean physical shutdown dman and a good d man prospect our forwards would improve greatly and we can maybe give them Booth as well and our defense would be a bit weak but it could get us by until the trade deadline and then we can upgrade it with another top 4 guy

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins Eakins Hansen

Richardson Peverley Santorelli

Sesito

I like Eakin as part of the deal coming back as he could play 2nd or 3rd line (decent play-maker too), but with Edler going back I don't feel that the depth we have back there would be enough for them to compete, plus with Edler going back they'll be flush with NHL defensemen (Goligoski, Robidas, Daley, Gonchar) and so if I were MG I would push to get Daley with Cody. Trevor could be the mobile, play-making and physical D-man who can fill Eddie's minutes.

Maybe just simplify to Eddie+ for Eakin, Daley and 2nd?

Archived