The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Raptors '14 Season

Drouin

Not a Raptors fan, but I feel kind of bad for them because I feel I know how the season will go down for them. They have a decently talented team that will be like Milwaukee and finish at or just below 500 and sneak into the 8th seed. While it may sound good getting into the playoffs they have no chance at beating the Heat and since they made playoffs, no chance at the incredibly hyped Toronto native in wiggins. Raptors fans should be excited about Valanciunas though. Dudes a beast.

Not a Raptors fan, but I feel kind of bad for them because I feel I know how the season will go down for them. They have a decently talented team that will be like Milwaukee and finish at or just below 500 and sneak into the 8th seed. While it may sound good getting into the playoffs they have no chance at beating the Heat and since they made playoffs, no chance at the incredibly hyped Toronto native in wiggins. Raptors fans should be excited about Valanciunas though. Dudes a beast.

Ya the team looks pretty good if Valanciunas can stay healthy I think they can be a 5th-7th seed. He looks a lot stronger so I can't wait to see him this season.

Lowry is for sure a starting PG, he had injury problems last year which sucked, but he is a top-15 PG in the league when he's healthy IMO, great all-around PG.

Both of you ^ ^

Heat

Knicks

Bulls

Pacers

Nets

Cavs

Hawks

Bucks

76ers

Teams that will fight for playoffs. First 5-6 obviously making it easily. Will the Raps make the playoffs? If they do, probably 7th or 8th seed. They'll face 1st or 2nd, Miami maybe? And likely get sweeped. Think of it from the Raptors' view, why waste a year trying to get to the playoffs when we could tank and get a franchise player who wants to play there. If they do get Wiggins,

Gay

DeRozan

Ross

Valanciunas

Wiggins

A young lineup right there, in a couple years that would easily make the playoffs. Would Gay re-sign though? I guess thats why they might go for the playoffs this year as they're not sure if he'll re-sign when the seasons finished.

The Raptors have a solid chance to make the playoffs. In fact, I'd be disappointed if they didn't. There shouldn't be any talk of tanking. This a pretty good team.

Getting tangible assets of any kind for Bargnani was a great win. And picking up Hansborough and Augustin to shore up the bench was good, seeing how weak that was last year.

Both of you ^ ^

Heat

Knicks

Bulls

Pacers

Nets

Cavs

Hawks

Bucks

76ers

Teams that will fight for playoffs. First 5-6 obviously making it easily. Will the Raps make the playoffs? If they do, probably 7th or 8th seed. They'll face 1st or 2nd, Miami maybe? And likely get sweeped. Think of it from the Raptors' view, why waste a year trying to get to the playoffs when we could tank and get a franchise player who wants to play there. If they do get Wiggins,

Gay

DeRozan

Ross

Valanciunas

Wiggins

A young lineup right there, in a couple years that would easily make the playoffs. Would Gay re-sign though? I guess thats why they might go for the playoffs this year as they're not sure if he'll re-sign when the seasons finished.

Sorry 5th? Maybe 7th, but that's as high as I see them getting. They are decent, but still miles behind the Heat, Nets, Pacers, Bulls, and Knicks (even though it got closer by giving them Bargnani.) Plus watch out for, I cant believe im saying this but the Cavs and Wizards next year. Dangerous teams if they can stay healthy.

Archived