The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Down Syndrome Man Dies After Being Handcuffed

nucklehead

you can place blame on the cops all you want because its the easy thing to do but from what i read it sounds like the caregiver is more at fault for the entire situation didn't seem like she could handle it also if he has at other incidents of violent outbursts why is he being allowed outside

As someone who works with kids with Down's Syndrome I cringe at the thought of one of them or their family members reading that comment. It's tantamount to someone calling a black person the N-word. Of course, much like black people, perhaps you and the other two clowns feel you are entitled to say that being retards yourselves?

As someone who works with kids with Down's Syndrome I cringe at the thought of one of them or their family members reading that comment. It's tantamount to someone calling a black person the N-word. Of course, much like black people, perhaps you and the other two clowns feel you are entitled to say that being retards yourselves?

idiot, imbecile and moron were all once neutral terms used to label mentally challenged individuals. They started to take on a negative connotation as people began using them as insults. They were replaced by the neutral term mentally retarded. This term through common usage has in turn become an insult. The current accepted terminologies are Special, challenged or developmentally delayed. Some of these terms are in the process of becoming insults as well.

Archived