The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Tryout] Gilbert Brule with Phoenix

AriGold

Brule played for Phoenix before in 11-12, and didn't play too badly(not good either tho) if I remember correctly. Why just give him a tryout, should't their organization know what he brings already? Or is this just because he didn't play in the NHL last year and want to make sure he can still skate

Brule played for Phoenix before in 11-12, and didn't play too badly(not good either tho) if I remember correctly. Why just give him a tryout, should't their organization know what he brings already? Or is this just because he didn't play in the NHL last year and want to make sure he can still skate

I imagine it is to not limit the options for either the team or Brule. If the tryout goes well but he does not earn a spot over other players in PHX, there is the chance that another team sees enough to then sign him to a contract. At the same time, PHX gets the flexibility to not sign him if they do not feel he is a fit for them.

I see it as a way to enhance his chances at an NHL job rather than an AHL one considering anyone who signs him will want to see what he can do first.

Well worth it, no risk of a tryout. I think we just have too much of a logjam at center now for it to make sense, assuming Richardson, Schroeder, Santorelli, and possibly Gaunce are all going to slug it out for the two bottom six spots.

Good for him though, I hope he can get his career back on track.

Archived