The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu changes agents

Canuckler87

As per TSN, Luongo has changed his agent. He will no longer be represented by Gillies Lupien but will instead switch to Pat Brisson & J.P Barry. Could this be as a possible backlash or hard feelings towards his former agent who negotiated his contract which in his words, "sucked"?

I think it very well could be. Agents are greedy recidivists who would prefer long term deals so they earn themselves a nice big slice of the pie. I say good on Lu. Could this mean Lu blames his agent less than Gillis or the Canucks organization as well? Perhaps our good friend Gillies pressured Gillis and co. to sign such a ridiculous contract & Lu realizes it.

As per TSN, Luongo has changed his agent. He will no longer be represented by Gillies Lupien but will instead switch to Pat Brisson & J.P Barry. Could this be as a possible backlash or hard feelings towards his former agent who negotiated his contract which in his words, "sucked"?

I think it very well could be. Agents are greedy recidivists who would prefer long term deals so they earn themselves a nice big slice of the pie. I say good on Lu. Could this mean Lu blames his agent less than Gillis or the Canucks organization as well? Perhaps our good friend Gillies pressured Gillis and co. to sign such a ridiculous contract & Lu realizes it.

Archived