The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Good-bye Hansen.

Hansen will always have a spot on this team. He's ready for a breakout season. He was 3rd in pts for our team last season behind the Sedins and ahead of everyone else......

Sedins Kass (1st scoring unit)

Burr Kes Hansen (Torments oppositions 1st line)

Higg Shred/Gaunce Booth (2ndary PF scoring unit)

ZestiDorito Richardson Wiese (Intimidation) + (PK Rich and Weise)

I would trade Sedins, Kesler, Kassian, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Luongo before Hansen.

On a lot of teams this guy could be a solid 2nd line complementary winger. His 1.3m cap hit is a bargain, and has the best work ethic on the team. He's entering his prime years, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the 2nd or even 1st line RW this season. He is better then Burrows, Kassian, Jensen and Weise. So in theory he should be a top 6 F on this team.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Burrows-Schroeder-Kassian

Sestito-Richardson-Weise

I would trade Sedins, Kesler, Kassian, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Luongo before Hansen.

On a lot of teams this guy could be a solid 2nd line complementary winger. His 1.3m cap hit is a bargain, and has the best work ethic on the team. He's entering his prime years, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the 2nd or even 1st line RW this season. He is better then Burrows, Kassian, Jensen and Weise. So in theory he should be a top 6 F on this team.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Burrows-Schroeder-Kassian

Sestito-Richardson-Weise

Exactly. He's one of the best in the league at his position.

I think the OP is confusing the fact that they're both Danes and have similar sounding/looking names with them playing the same position. That's true enough in that their both wingers, but that's where the similarities end:

• Jensen can play either side and is more of a top 6 forward with offensive skill who happens to be good defensively (notice I didn't say great).

• Hansen, on the other hand, is a top 9 forward with defensive skill who happens to be good offensively (again, no 'great').

Jensen won't be replacing Hansen. If Hansen is injured or moves up a line for any reason, Kassian or Jensen could slide down from where they should be in a top 6 role, but more likely someone like Weise would move up. If Jensen makes the team on the merits of his play, it'll be as a top 6 winger not to replace Hansen.

He has shown chemistry with the Sedins before. I personally think this is the best spot for him and Burrows. Burrows with Kes has shown how dominant they can get. Booth on the 4th with Higgins and Kass and the 3rd line wingers?

Archived