The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Roberto Luongo play for an NHL team other than Vancouver before he retires?

-Vintage Canuck-

Will Roberto Luongo play for an NHL team other than Vancouver before he retires?  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He was robbed of the vezina by the eastern media once. And what he did for us in the scf was greater than most goalies actually winning a cup.

2 games won 1-0 ...

Canucks didn't show up for six and a half games and luongo forced game seven.

Can't wait to see your face when he's in the hall of fame.

Rivieria Luongo will be in the hall of fame.

Hahahah Osgood... Vernon ... even cujo... you're a comedian. To suggest those 3 over luongo is a joke. Don't joke... if u do want to joke like that at least put one of these :bigblush:

so tell me where's his vezina or stanley cup goalies with lesser teams have done more than he has again fact

you can think its accurate all you want but unless you can poll every canuck fan you won't know whether its accurate or not

i have nothing against him he has accomplished a lot for this team but again his consistency will be his downfall you never know which luongo will show up you can spout his regular season number and him being a top 10 goalie but their are goalies that have accomplished more than he as in a few years compared to his career again fact

Guest Dasein

Win a Stanley Cup this upcoming season, no.

Anything less and people unfairly blame him for the loss again, yes. He has an out clause on his contract to request a trade before 2014 season begins.

If he is treated right, we just might be able to keep him.

Depends on how this season goes. If he absolutely tanks it, I'm sure his agent will find some way to get him out of his contract or get a buy out. If he plays well and the Canucks keep winning (go deep into the playoffs) then he'll stay.

Rivieria Luongo will be in the hall of fame.

Hahahah Osgood... Vernon ... even cujo... you're a comedian. To suggest those 3 over luongo is a joke. Don't joke... if u do want to joke like that at least put one of these :bigblush:

I think Lu is giving it one more season. If after that, the environment still is unsuitable, Aqualini will buy him out...and then most likely fire MG. That's probably why he went to Florida to talk to Luongo. One more kick at the can this season. Maybe the buy out wasn't an option this year and trading Schneider was a last resort. We don't know?!

so tell me where's his vezina or stanley cup goalies with lesser teams have done more than he has again fact

you can think its accurate all you want but unless you can poll every canuck fan you won't know whether its accurate or not

i have nothing against him he has accomplished a lot for this team but again his consistency will be his downfall you never know which luongo will show up you can spout his regular season number and him being a top 10 goalie but their are goalies that have accomplished more than he as in a few years compared to his career again fact

I have a feeling they will buy out his deal after the season.

With the new CBA cap recapture rules his contract will be a burden even if he was traded. A buyout is the only way to get out from under it.

I think they just want to burn another year off before they need to write him a fat buyout cheque.

Take a look at their careers friend. I'm afraid that each one of them has accomplished more than Luongo to this point. Cujo might be the only name to put a smiley face beside but he did have a better playoff career statistically and I believe 454 regular season wins. Vernon and Osgood have 5 cups and a Conn Smythe between them as well as very impressive regular season careers.

Riviera you're gonna give me an ulcer man... come on!!!! You really think luongo couldn't have won on those teams?!!?

Why do u think average goalies like niemi maf ward Osgood etc have cup rings?!? The team and the system they play infront of is the main factor.

Although I have to say niemi has come far and is a better goalie than he was when he got his cup.

Osgood is average. Why did he get lit up after having a 3-1 lead vs us in 2003?! He's always been average.

Maf is average. Ward... again average #1 goalie.

To take any of the guys u mentioned or I mentioned over lui is insane.

I just hope u just Jim on the lui wagon after he dominates this year so we can be friends and not argue :) this isn't good for my health

I think Lu is giving it one more season. If after that, the environment still is unsuitable, Aqualini will buy him out...and then most likely fire MG. That's probably why he went to Florida to talk to Luongo. One more kick at the can this season. Maybe the buy out wasn't an option this year and trading Schneider was a last resort. We don't know?!

Archived