The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good TV repairman in Cloverdale/Langley area

So my parents Hitachi 50" plasma decided to stop working recently and since I know how to use a remote its fallen to me to get it fixed. I opened it up and can see 2 burned chips on 2 of the boards but who knows. Anyone recommend a good mobile TV repair place to call? The ones on Google that have reviews are all negative.

Can't really help with a repairman as I don't live there.

Burned IC's can be quite a problem. If they're surface mount you can forget about replacing them. Plus there could be damage to the surrounding components. You're probably looking at replacing the whole circuit board.

Found this on youtube. Hope it helps................

You might want to check out craigslist for a repairman.

Can't really help with a repairman as I don't live there.

Burned IC's can be quite a problem. If they're surface mount you can forget about replacing them. Plus there could be damage to the surrounding components. You're probably looking at replacing the whole circuit board.

Found this on youtube. Hope it helps................

You might want to check out craigslist for a repairman.

A guy from Universal listed above came out and did an estimate.2 boards minimum need to be replaced. Will cost at least $500 to fix it. maybe a lot more. TVs 5 years old now so we decided to get a new one. The universal service guy was good. He seemed honest and suggested we just go new once he priced the boards. $65.00 plus tax for the service call.

Its a good excuse for my dad to move up to a 60" smart TV anyways.

Archived