The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Worst GM in last 5 years?

Drouin

Feaster can't be considered, at least not anymore. He is only the de jure GM of the Flames. The de facto GM is Brian Burke. The Flames can make up any title they want, but if there's a move to be made and Burkie doesn't approve it, it won't be done.

That in my mind makes Burke the GM, saving Feaster an embarrassing termination.

I also think Paul Holmgren is insane. The Carter/Richards deal, letting Bobrovsky go in favour of Bryzgalov, those are just the obvious moves.

Why why why WHY WHY would he give Bryzgalov so much $$$ after he had an epic meltdown in Phoenix...

I can tell you now Bobrovsky is not any worse than the two guys they have there now.

people act like its a one man show. did anyone see that clip on when the bruins were looking to trade seguin? there was like 10 people in the mix giving input. I know the gm has the fimal say but its hard to.do what you really feel is right with 10 people in your ear.

Wow... Brian Burke kinda got away easy here.

I'm going with Brian Burke.

Funny guy, offered us Luke Schenn for Cody Hodgson. Mike Gillis wanted no part of Luke Schenn

Comes back and offeres us Luke Schenn a 1st and a 2nd for Luongo, like wth.... we already don't want Schenn, (Thank you Mike Gillis). But I'm going to say Brian Burke. Tambelleni was a puppet there, so I'm not going to throw him under the bus.

Brian Burke, "even if it costs my job I wouldn't make that move"

says it after he gets fired. He probably called the bluff on the ownership and actually got fired.

Gillis should be up there, look at what this team could have been. And at this rate he's heading down the same road as Feaster. Yes he's made some signings but honestly who couldn't have made those signings. And some of his resigning are pretty bad. Edler should've been traded not extended for 6 years when he hasn't been good for 2 years.

Archived