The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article, Globe And Mail.) Canucks GM to blame for Roberto Luongo soap opera.....Luongos former agent speaks

naslund.is.king

Because the fans were booing him. They seen how we treated him and jumped all over it. How can we as fans justify booing the best goalie we've ever had and not expect the media to run with it?

We can blame the media or Gillis but when a player is betrayed by both the least we can do is as fans at least stand by them and appreciate what they have done for us. Instead of booing them because they can't win every game.

That's funny, I don't recall the fans booing Luongo. And of course Lupien doesn't want to admit that the anchor contract was the problem-he negotiated it. But nobody wanted any part of that contract. It was obvious from the beginning of the whole process.b Bobby was never going anywhere. He was being naive in the extreme to get his hopes up.

You might want to watch these videos. Just downright disgusting behaviour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFRVSLFYoRY

Why are you generalizing professionals as if they all have the same personality? Everyone's unique... but have you ever wondered about how things might be different if this team and these players had the fans unconcitional support? What if the fans were the ones who had this teams back and defended them when the media was bashing them? or when other teams and their fans were bashing them? Plus the fans didn't just boo him once (or cheer when he was pulled), this forum is filled with people who can't stand him, who go on every thread made in his name just to chew him and spit him out. If you go on youtube videos that are tributes to Lu you'll see so-called fans saying nastiest things about him. Athletes are people with emotions that drive them, if you feel like the majority of the people around you don't want you, you might be surprised to find out what you might do.

Your videos don't really demonstrate anything that hasn't happened elsewhere in this league. But - the media vultures in this big hockey market enjoy crap-disturbing more than most. Luongo said he knew he was signing-on for that & I believe he's learned some valuable life lessons from it all. It's given him a thicker skin that will serve him well in the pressure-cooker situations ahead.

I wish Lu well & hope he becomes the comeback story of the year!

Not really defending, I just know this, he probably won't stop doing that just because some guys on CDC told him not to...

Something's gotta happen for these people to realize that it's stupid, but then it's too late. I too am guilty for checking my phone while driving, it's a bad habit now.

If Luongo played lights out the last 2 years they wouldn't have kept Schneider for so long and Luongo wouldn't have had a reason to create all this drama surrounding himself and the organization.

Cory Schneider meltdown insurance.

Like or love Luongo no other goalie in the history of hockey unravels like him.

When you sign a player, you negotiate. His agent negotiated that contract, period. He had a hand in the architecture of the contract, therefore he is partially at fault for his client not being very tradeable.

Now is it just me or has GMMG said in the past he left all on ice decisions to the coach, this would include which goalie to play each night then right? So maybe coach AV had a lot to blame with the Luongo soap opera, and the whole flip a coin BS. How much of this was his fault. Maybe with him gone and a clear number one and two goalie we can eliminate that whole distraction and Luo can just play.

Luongo will be here for many many many years. He will retire at the age of 42 when the contract is done and his name will be in the rafters amongst the Canucks greatest players. If he wins a cup or two, he will be a shoe in for the HHOF.

Archived