The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Franson to be moved?

6 mil left to sign Kadri also, so def expect a trade. I'd trade Corrado straight up for an Rfa who's not guaranteed to sign with your club. Also I think we could sign both Tanev and a Franson, just break down there contract...ie pay Tanev 1.25 this year then 2.5 next year same with Franson maybe 2.5 this year then 3.5 next year?

I would take him for sure but Gillis may have played his hand early with his depth signings in Weber etc. The problem as one poster stated earlier is that Nonis will believe eastern media reports of him being worth as much as Orr in a return package. The irony being that now Toronto will see the same cycle Vancouver did after Nonis took over for Burke. Stockpiled prospects and possibly picks will be traded for a win now mentality in a team that isn't ready for it. Cap crunch already taking over and players that should have been signed first needing to possibly be moved with best offensive weapons in Kessel and Kadri needing $ in new contracts. What's the over under on Toronto making the playoffs this year again?

Archived