The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Franson to be moved?

HAHAHAHA!

Overspent themselves into a corner, and now poised to lose another undervalued asset.

Braincramps galore in Toronto this summer.

Bolland, a brand new goaltending controversy, and the farm to Clarkson.... meanwhile Macarthur walks for a bargain of a cap hit for the Senators, they buyout their best two way player, Komarov walks to the KHL, they deal Frattin, and they're poised to move Franson, the best bargain they've found in some time, because they have fumbled repeated times.

Hey Toronto - you have no leverage - and it's a buyer's market.

Well done. You walked into the summer with cap space and you made a mess of it.

i would like to have franson as much as the next guy, but come on canucks fans. lets be realistic for a minute

• they already have cap issues

• they still have to re-sign tanev

• they are already looking to trade a much better player in edler because they have enough good d-man

• franson apparently wants over 4 mill per year

• it would cost a prospect and a pick to get him

i understand hes a bc boy who is a good offensive d-man. but i jjust cant see why the canucks would go after him, there is no reason to. they are already trying to shed cap by trading a d-man, so why would they want to add another d-man who makes over 4 mill a year

Forget about offering Toronto a damn thing.

Get the Tanev deal done asap, and screw Toronto by offersheeting Franson.

Anything under 3.364 is a 2nd in compensation, and anything close to that will be very difficult for Toronto to match or put them in a cap dump bargaining position.

Tanev at 3 x 1.5 is fair enough - good value initially from Tanev's side, good value for the Canucks moving forward.

That leaves 2.9 million in cap space, and the option of going slightly over.

I'd feel bad for Leafs fans doing that to Toronto, but I'd pay big money to be a fly on the wall when Dreger, Cox et al get wind of an offer like that, and how it would put the screws to the Leafs....

Alot of you guys are talking about who is better and why we shouldn't trade Tanev for Franson.

What about Corrado? He looks more physical than Tanev and a little bit better of a upside. I know we have only seen a little bit of Corrado, but he looks better than Tanev in the long run.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would much rather have Tanev with a much lower cap hit than Franson. Keep the cap room, keep Tanev as a solid and reliable 5th or 6th Dman and let him get better in the next few years. Look at how well he has done in his first couple of seasons; anyone thinking he can't learn to hit or shoot the puck is just wrong. Give the kid a chance and leave the team with cap space wiggle room.

No sense in making a trade for the sake of making a trade.

Bieksa , Edler , Hamhuis , Garrison , Tanev , Corrado , Andersson , Weber , Barker Think we have a great D as is and Franson like said hasn't got many minutes and would be asked to much for us to get when we have D that are as good/ better.Andersson I do not know if he will be on the team, AHL or another league, but he is big and young which MG wants!!Why do we need another D man when we have 8- 9 with Andersson!

Archived