The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau: Legalize Weed

mbal23

I am all for the legalization of marijuana, but Stephen Harper makes one valid point in that video: "I don't know a single person who lived a drug-free life say they regret it, however, I have met people who consumed drugs in their life and tell me they do regret it."

I understand where he's coming from, but he's putting marijuana into the category of a hard drug, which isn't correct. Other than that, I love what he said, quoted above.

He's also stated for the record in another TV appearance that he is allergic to marijuana smoke. Isn't it good to know that his own personal interests matter more than the rights and democratic will of the nation?

URUGUAY hoy, Julio 31, 2013.

Dario Perez will vote and approve achieved FA marijuana law Deputies

The ruling party deputy said that support the project while insisting that not completely satisfied. It remains to voting

For more than to consider that "marijuana is a drug" , Dario Perez will vote 50 to FA and the House of Representatives The House of Representatives approved the regulation of the marijuana market, which can enable its sale in pharmacies and legalize self-cultivation. All eyes were placed in the Federal League deputy, who, uniquely, the whole room fell silent to hear if he was for or against. The Frente Amplio needed that vote to approve it, to then continue the parliamentary road in the Senate.

The reporting member, Sebastian Sabini (MPP), said at the beginning of the session that the bill "seeks to solve the problem of access and insurance mechanisms for users" and recalled that produce it were consulted doctors and organizations working on the subject .

"Countries that tested regulations show no increase in consumption and we raised it is one of the most common arguments," said the legislator as a group of schoolchildren watching from the bars. He added that Uruguay "will not freely sell cannabis" but will "establish limitations on their purchase."

July Bango, one of the drafters of the project, said that "we must assume that we have a particular problem." "A law is not going to magically solve any problem," he said. On the possibility that the new law will increase the consumption of marijuana-argument used by several opposition MPs, Bango said is that "unprovable".

In turn, the representative of the National Party, Gerardo Amarilla, said: "Do we have the right to test these responses when what is at stake is human life, I think I will not." Veronica Alonso, white deputy also criticized the project, saying that in Uruguay "first becomes law, then, on the go, you see the damage it causes."

Dario Perez

The representative who initially had shown against the bill arrived around 10 a quarter to his office.

The deputy, who is at number 14 speakers, consult the list on one occasion, several lawmakers spoke FA and with some of the opposition. On several occasions came and entered room. His word is highly anticipated.

Previous

During the caucus of legislators of the Broad Front yesterday, the coordinator of the ruling body, Roque Arregui, Deputy Dario Perez called his personal cell to its position on the bill that seeks to regulate the marijuana market. First came the voice mail. He insisted with a text message but not had an answer.

The day of this session is not more and not only for the theme. A pressure of social organizations on the theme and expectation generated worldwide by the government to launch the initiative last year as part of a package of measures to respond to a security crisis, the political uncertainty adds that to join the ruling party room will lack one vote.

Although the custom is that political groups come to the camera with their votes defined, in this issue the government deputy Dario Perez declined to say whether it will or not voting 50 and generates a shadow of doubt that gets in a jam on the left . In addition to the so-called truncated in caucus meeting yesterday some leaders argued that it is essential to know the position before entering room to determine whether or camera enters looking adjourn. Finally, the resolution was waiting for the facts."It's all settled. The text, time, day, and now it is waiting for the meeting, "said Arregui to The Observer.

The secretary general of the Federal League, Sebastian Rubino, said the resolution already taken but will be communicated at the time of voting on camera. He argued that Perez decided "to call silence" until then. The Observer attempted to contact the legislator but his phone was off.

The FA expects the affirmative vote of Perez and warning of political commitment assumed by the deputy with the drivers of the rules to make modifications to the initial articulated at the express request of the Federal League. "Your political group agreed on the text to be put to the vote and that text includes aspects that propelled the sector. I think as well that if they were to vote, out of loyalty to the FA we had warned in time, "said Arregui.

Emergency and surveys

Although uncertainty persists, the political urgency of defining the subject before the start of the election campaign took the ruling to speed limits and seek to define the rules in 2013. The project was to be voted in principle in April after the July 10 and after the last request for Perez was postponed for Wednesday July 31.

The deputy is not the only resistance that the government came in the way. The 63% of the public does not agree with the bill which seeks to regulate the marijuana market, according to a survey by consultancy figure released Monday. Only 26% favor and 11% no opinion.

The survey also revealed the distrust of the people in the legislative initiative. Only 27% of respondents believe that the law will reduce drug-related problems. The ruling means that market regulation decrease the action of the narcos. 31% of respondents expect the problems increase and 33% to remain at the same rates.

Despite the rejection of citizenship, the FA decided to advance the issue by various political reasons. There commitment to social organizations legalization of marijuana. The leaders understand that the law must be voted on before the end of the year to avoid being political booty during the election campaign.

The internal

Perez, who thinks that marijuana is a "dung", is upset with FA leaders who criticized him for his position that delayed the issue.Senator Ernesto Agazzi tried in July "character" Perez, after the final adjournment of the vote. He said his attitude was "blackmailing" the Frente Amplio.

The confrontation came before, as the proponents of the initiative understand that the deputy broke a pact reached in June, which were added to the text points that required the Federal League, as an obligation to educate in schools and colleges on the issue addictions and also an article to penalize drivers who drive under the influence of drugs. Today, with the bars of the House of Representatives filled with activists for the legalization of marijuana, the government will seek to turn a page.

A percentage of people in a given society are going to end up on the hardest available drug. Just because those people used pot on their journey to heroin or cocaine addictions (or whatever) does not indicate that pot is *why*.

Also I keep hearing in this thread that crime would increase following the legalization of marihuana. First of all -- crime rates would drop significantly since the use/possession of pot would no longer be a crime. Second ... How many pot heads do you know that go around mugging old ladies or robbing banks? My experience suggests they're more likely crushing a bag of Doritos and a bad movie on Netflix...

A percentage of people in a given society are going to end up on the hardest available drug. Just because those people used pot on their journey to heroin or cocaine addictions (or whatever) does not indicate that pot is *why*.

Also I keep hearing in this thread that crime would increase following the legalization of marihuana. First of all -- crime rates would drop significantly since the use/possession of pot would no longer be a crime. Second ... How many pot heads do you know that go around mugging old ladies or robbing banks? My experience suggests they're more likely crushing a bag of Doritos and a bad movie on Netflix...

Archived