Current

1.Ryan Kesler

2.Cory Schneider

3a.Cody Hodgson

3b.Michael Grabner

5.Jordan Schroeder

6.Nicklas Jensen

7a.Brendan Gaunce

7b.Bo Horvat (very similar to Gaunce in both playing style and production but edge to Gaunce as 1 year older)

9.Hunter Shinkaruk

:

:

:

Vary distant 10.Patrick White (can we just keep him off the list?)

Top Potential

1.Hunter Shinkaruk (Potential to be the next Bure, but I don't think he'll make it)

2.Cory Schneider (Potential to be a multiple Vezina winner, but again hesitant)

3.Ryan Kesler (We've already seen it)

4a.Bo Horvat (Could be the next Kesler)

4b.Cody Hodgson (Potential #1 center but doesn't have the all-round game and not offensively dynamic enough to go higher)

6.Michael Grabner (For the most part I think we've seen his ceiling at around 30 goals)

7.Nicklas Jensen (I think a similar ceiling to that of Grabner)

8.Jordan Schoeder (I think his development has suffered, but he could still become a 2nd line center in the NHL)

9.Brendan Gaunce (Could turn into a very solid player, just doesn't have the same ceiling as those above him)

MASSIVE GAP

10.Patrick White (This pick seemed weird at the time and now he is off being a superstar for tier 3 German league the Oberliga (technically tier 4 as the DEL isn't part of the tiered system but is better than the other German leagues) though looking back it was quite a weak draft, we could and should have taken David Perron, but past that Subban, Benn, Simmonds, and Galiardi would have been reaches to take with the #25 pick at the time)

1. Ryan Kesler

2. Cory Schneider

3. Bo Horvat

4. Cody Hodgson

5. Brendan Gaunce

6. Nicklas Jensen

7. Hunter Shinkaruk

8. Michael Grabner

9. Jordan Schroeder

10. Patrick White

I think that in terms of overall value Horvat will prove to be better than Hodgson because he will a far tougher player. I really hope Gaunce can prove me right as well. I don't like Grabner's game at all. Totally one dimensional fast forward who always looks to score. I predict that as the Isles improve Grabner will dissapear.

I'm going based on overall potential and making a bold pick on Schroeder ... he's really got me convinced. He's got great work ethic and skills... I can seriously see him becoming a Marty St. Louis. Although I said that about mayray too.

1. The beauty of all beauties Ryan Kesler

2. Patrick white :bigblush:

3. Bo Horvat (really high hopes)

4. Jordan Schroeder (again really high hopes.

5. Cory

6. Hunter

7. Grabs

8. Jensen

9. Gaunce

10. Coho (swap him with #2 ;) )

2-5 is going to be really tight. Honestly I gotta give it to our scouts... they haven't been using first Rounders on busts.

At this point I wouldn't put Schroeder that high. I am willing to be proven wrong, but my estimate onhis ceiling is falling. I would put Gaunce a lot higher. He has the style and size to be a very good 3rd line center, and possibly a 2nd line center.

Its a hard list to come up with cause you are comparing players that have already broken out with some players who are still developing, though this is what I have come up with.

Now:

1. Kesler

2. Schneider

3. Hodgson

4. Horvat

5. Grabner

6. Jensen

7. Shinkaruk

8. Schroeder

9. Gaunce

10. White

Based on Potential:

1. Kesler

2. Schneider

3. Horvat

4. Hodgson

5. Shinkaruk

6. Jensen

7. Schroeder

8. Grabner

9. Gaunce

10. White

With that said how can you put Horvat who has never played a game over Grabner a player who has already established himself as a former 30+ goal scorer...? Same should be said in putting Kesler #1 over Schneider in terms of potential. I think most fans would agree we've seen the best from Kesler meanwhile Schneider is just starting the meat and bones of his career.

My list.

Based on right now/potential

1.Kesler

2. Schneider

3. Hodgson

4. Grabner

5. Horvat

6. Shinkaruk

7.Jensen

8. Schroder

9. Gaunce

10. White

In the future

1. Schneider

2. Kesler

3. Hodgson

4. Horvat

5. Shinkaruk

6. Grabner

7. Jensen

8. Gaunce

9. Schroder

10. White

Certainly not the next Bure but has great hands at full speed. I would agree he has the highest ceiling of any current canuck prospect due to his incredible offensive ability. But I'm just not convinced that he will be able to find his elite scoring touch with less time and space against bigger faster opponents. Horvat is the safe bet to become a 5 million dollar a season player.

Archived