The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Attention Truck Owners/Enthusiasts

Magikal

Unless you need it for work. Don't buy new. Trucks depreciate extremely fast.

The 07-11 GMCs are good trucks. My company has owned 4 of them. Never a problem. Decent gas mileage for a truck as well.

However, what I always tell people is to test drive all of them and get the one you love.

So i'm in the market to buy my first truck. I've been driving my company's truck for awhile now and i've fallen in love with trucks......again.

Currently I drive a Mitsubishi Lancer so it's quite a change.

What I want to know from you all is what do you feel are the best trucks on the market, including make, model, year and any other tidbits you'd like to include.

What kind of truck do you own? What made you go with that truck? Blah blah blah.

Cheers.

All depends what you want to do.

Back in 2010, I researched trucks as I needed one for towing a RV.

Every article I read said the F150 was the best in it's class for towing and strength.

So, in Sep 2010, I bought a F150 Lariat with a 5.4 liter V8.

I heard the Eco Boosts were coming but I wasn't interested in buying an Eco boost the first year it was out.

The 5.4 is a great and proven engine.

Before that, I had a 2007 Mazda B3000 - great little truck for around the city - but not good for towing.

I suggest you join the different forums and get a feel for what people are saying and any issues.

http://www.f150forum.com/members/heretic-45430/

41645-rosie-r2.jpg

I drive a 2010 F150. I don't need it for work, but I do have a trailer to haul, and it hauls well. Best in it's class. Sucks fuel like any other truck, but as long as you know that going in and budget that change in your wallet, it is OK.

Also budget for spraying the bed to protect it from scratching up with all the stuff that you put back there, and a tonneau cover.

My favourite part pf the truck is the space inside it. I can put three car seats in the back no problem, or three adults comfortably. I can even climb in the truck in front of the car seats there's so much room.

I picked the F150 for a few reasons; great deal at the time, good hauling, great space (we upgraded feom a Mazda 3 to fit all the kid's stuff), best aesthics of any truck (personal opinion I know), and best interior of any truck, and Sync.

My personal DD is a 2010 Gmc Duramax Diesel. CC 6.5ft box, 4x4. Leather etc. I live I the thing and love it. I spend between 4-8hrs 5 days a week in it. I tow a lot. I average (in town and highway) 12.5L/100kmh. It's awesome, never broke down and I work the thing hard!

I own a lot of trucks, but my favorite is a 2002 Chevy Duramax with 400,000 kms! It tows 300kms a day, 5 days a week. Original motor, trans, transfer case, rear etc. All we've done is brakes, U joints, and a window switch.

My work truck is a 2013 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab with the XTR package. It is a very nice truck. I've only had it for a few months, but I have grown to absolutely love it. I have put it through some very tough terrain, and it has never let me down. Plus it has never gotten stuck in the mud at my work site so far, which is a huge plus for me.

Archived