The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will win the Vezina?

mind boggling to a non goalie only. If Lou doesn't seal off the bottom of the net better, improve his butterfly, stay balanced over his skates, improve lateral movement, hold onto his stick, direct rebounds better, and cover up more pucks, focus better, then his stats will not improve and he will most certainly not improve or win the Vezina...

I'm gonna change my vote.

I say there's a goaltending controversy in Toronto to start the season, which results in Reimer being dealt to the New York Islanders, where he proceeds to win the Vezina but loses to Ottawa in the ECF (and Anderson, who should have won the Vezina, but the NHL was catering to the new arena hype and large market rebirth in NY...)

Luongo winning the Vezina/Cup next season would be as Cinderella-story as it gets, but I doubt it'll happen. Realistically, it's up in the air. Goalies playing behind good defences before (Lundqvist, Rask, Quick) have had changes to their team so that they are no longer as sound defensively (AV instead of Torts, loss of Ference etc., Greene/Mitchell much older now etc.) while teams with poorer defences are much stronger and will help their goalies a lot more (Canucks with Torts, Edmonton's defence is much more solid now, the Predators got stronger up front = more goals, more wins). It's anyones trophy.

Lou won't win it "because he'll try harder and have something to prove" He is at his worst when his brain gets into the equation and overplays things.

When nothing is on the line (Jan, Feb etc) that's when he plays his best.

He doesn't want to be here and his brain is gonna get in the way (again).

:picard: You have to be determined if you want to win, if you don't have determination then you won't win.

You can't just be like "I want a cup, I won't try and I'll still get it" because you need the determination to get it, also Luongo has a big body that takes up most of the net and has amazing reflexes as well, so I dunno why you said he doesn't have the "tools", it's not like he's 5'4 and 110 lbs, he's around 6'3 and 260 lbs and still has amazing reflexes, actually learn about goalies before commenting about goalies :picard:

Archived