The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chinese toddler dies after parking space row(DETAILS ARE TOUGH)

naslund.is.king

If you think that people being different from you is a shame, why would you come to a message board with tens of thousands of people who hold different opinions?

Maybe so that you can try to validate your own opinions because you are not able to get this recognition from real people? I don't know, I'm just spit-balling.

For the record, I initially found the story disturbing but moved on and did not let if affect me in any way. I've interviewed many youth who've been involved in homicide. If I let this kind of stuff affect me, I wouldn't be able to do my job. However, that does not prevent me from understanding that other people may not feel the same way. It also doesn't make me feel that I am somehow better than others for not be affected by it.

Road rage, parking rage, etc, happens all the time. Don't need to go far to see it. This is an extreme form, but def not the first or unique. Not sure why this is news here.

how about that 5 yr old who shot a person to death with his specially made for kids rifle he got as a birthday in the US? Now that is unique news.

Road rage, parking rage, etc, happens all the time. Don't need to go far to see it. This is an extreme form, but def not the first or unique. Not sure why this is news here.

how about that 5 yr old who shot a person to death with his specially made for kids rifle he got as a birthday in the US? Now that is unique news.

Atlanta mall cop Darien Long has gained online support after a shocking video was posted online showing him zapping a mom with a stun gun in front of her kids.

The controversial footage shows the guard, who recorded the incident with a Go-Pro camera strapped to his chest, trying to calm the disruptive woman who spat on him outside his mall. He warns her to 'back it up' as she continues to yell expletives in his face.

As he asks the woman to take her children and to stay out of the mall, she comes at him. He appears to push her away before zapping her with a stun gun. She drops to the ground as her crying children watch.

Users of the social networking site Reddit have not only come to the mall cop’s defence but applaud his work. They have even set up a fundraising campaign on his behalf, which has received more than $12,000 in donations meant to help him purchase new and better equipment.

Videos of Long removing alleged drug dealers from stores in the same area have also been posted online.

TOPIC STARTER: Glassjaw

Now, can we please stay on the topic at hand? Glassjaw - people post stories like this for many reasons, but one very important element can be extracted from them in that others may learn not to put up a senseless fight/argument over something quite easy to resolve. In "standing our ground", both of these parties involved will now faced serious consequences. And maybe that gives all of us a bit more insight into how things can go terribly wrong in a "pick your battles" message.

The fact that you're commenting in these threads means you've read them and have invested energy into them. If you don't think they're worthy of discussion, don't contribute. Seems far easier? Thanks. :)

I somewhat agree with Glassjaw.

Horrible deaths happen every day sometimes to kids. If someone started a thread every time someone dies, CDC would look like an obituary page.

Perhaps have something like the YouTube thread.... combine all these death/murder/RIP threads.

Also every time someone sneezes in China a thread is created... combine all these is an someone sneezed/picked their nose/farted in China threads.

EDIT: Did a Topic search on the keyword 'China'...2 pages of results

EDIT2: Did a Topic search on the keyword 'Chinese'...2 pages of results

Not surprised by all this. Remember when another toddler got ran over just because the vehicle refused to wait for the child to move off the road? Then folks over there in China were blaming the mother assuming she's out for money or something.

I don't want to over-generalize a population group, but it seems a lot of people in China have a severe "it's all about me!" attitude. It's to a point where callous disregard for life seems to be not uncommon.

TOPIC STARTER: Glassjaw

Now, can we please stay on the topic at hand? Glassjaw - people post stories like this for many reasons, but one very important element can be extracted from them in that others may learn not to put up a senseless fight/argument over something quite easy to resolve. In "standing our ground", both of these parties involved will now faced serious consequences. And maybe that gives all of us a bit more insight into how things can go terribly wrong in a "pick your battles" message.

The fact that you're commenting in these threads means you've read them and have invested energy into them. If you don't think they're worthy of discussion, don't contribute to it. Seems far easier? Thanks. :)

Plenty of real conversation can start from it. For example a conversation on human behavior/psychology/reactions. You simply have to keep an open mind.

You seem to have very rigid opinions. Believe it or not. You're not always correct.

I somewhat agree with Glassjaw.

Horrible deaths happen every day sometimes to kids. If someone started a thread every time someone dies, CDC would look like an obituary page.

Perhaps have something like the YouTube thread.... combine all these death/murder/RIP threads.

Also every time someone sneezes in China a thread is created... combine all these is an someone sneezed/picked their nose/farted in China threads.

EDIT: Did a Topic search on the keyword 'China'...2 pages of results

EDIT2: Did a Topic search on the keyword 'Chinese'...2 pages of results

When I see these all too common (unfortunately) threads now, I have a similar reaction. But awareness is the first step in any process and, if we simply become desensitized to and ignore these types of events, then we're doomed.

At least, with "shock value" people are also thinking and talking about things that are so unthinkable. They happen, and therefore, will be talked about and shared.

Archived