The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Kassian fit?

BlueLemming

Sedin - Kesler -Burrows

Booth - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen

Sestito - Richardson - Weise

And then I would play the Sedins with Burr on the first unit PP. Also Booth and Higgins might change places, if Booth is not panning out.

Let me answer your question with another: if Torts is rumoured to want to pair Burrows and Kesler together, who else would be a better fit with the Sedins?

Hansen and Booth have played there and been ok, and I can see Jensen being a pretty good fit as well. Are any of them better there than Kassian though? See, it's not a question at this point of who's better between Kassian and Burrows, but rather who is the best fit other than Burrows.

Sedin - Kesler -Burrows

Booth - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen

Sestito - Richardson - Weise

And then I would play the Sedins with Burr on the first unit PP. Also Booth and Higgins might change places, if Booth is not panning out.

I personally have proposed playing the Twins in alt roles last year. I think it would be extremely smart to split the Twins 5 on 5, certainly for road games when its harder to control match ups. It leaves 2 of the worlds top 5 passing forwards available to different lines. It would be bound to increase the potential of different lines, and young players like Jensen and Kassian.

I proposed Danny/Kesler/Booth and Burrows/Hank/Kassian. Both lines have elite speed, size, play making and goal scoring potential. It would save the perenial question; OMG how can we get a passer to play with Ryan Kesler?

Then bam, reunite the Twins for power plays, when a bottom feeding opposing lines is ripe to give up a goal when puffed after an icing and in crunch time!

I think we NEED him with the Sedins and you go through the growing pains during the season for the simple reason that you need those three to have chemistry in the playoffs.

He will be the guy (in the playoffs) that deters people from taking runs at the twins and given he can plant his body in front of the net, he will give the twins room down low. If the d leaves him alone well those saying he can't play with the twins, he scored 5 goals in 7 games with them and then AV in his infinite wisdom demotes him.

I find it hilarious that people so quickly forget in the first 10 games last year, Kassian was our best player. He was fighting and lifting the team's energy when they needed it, hitting, scored 5 in 7 with the twins and was looking like Neely 2.0, then AV facks with his confidence ...

1st line..and you'll see him get 40 pts.

Burrows can play anywhere in the lineup, gives the second line another defensive 2-way player that makes that line tougher to play against and has chemistry with Kesler. Morover, his years with the twins have improved his offensive game, particularly his passing. He has become a pretty good set up man and will help offset Kesler's weakness there.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Jensen or Booth Kesler Burrows

I personally have proposed playing the Twins in alt roles last year. I think it would be extremely smart to split the Twins 5 on 5, certainly for road games when its harder to control match ups. It leaves 2 of the worlds top 5 passing forwards available to different lines. It would be bound to increase the potential of different lines, and young players like Jensen and Kassian.

I proposed Danny/Kesler/Booth and Burrows/Hank/Kassian. Both lines have elite speed, size, play making and goal scoring potential. It would save the perenial question; OMG how can we get a passer to play with Ryan Kesler?

Then bam, reunite the Twins for power plays, when a bottom feeding opposing lines is ripe to give up a goal when puffed after an icing and in crunch time!

The same way Anson Carter scored 33 and Jonathan Cheechoo scored 56...Put a mediocre player with elite passers and they can score goals...Please Kassian turn out at least like Kyle Clifford so you can actually be useful..

Archived