The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Kassian fit?

BlueLemming

Guest Pinchin

I see him on the first or third personally. Ideally, if he can mesh with the twins, this:

Sedin, Sedin, Kassian

Booth, Schroeder, Kesler

Burrows, Guance/Richardson, Hansen

Higgins, Richardson/Lain/Santorelli, Weise

That gives us four deep lines we can roll. A big body to help protect the twins and go to the net/corners, a passer/set up guy for Kes/Booth, a third line that with Burrows would be a decent second line on lesser teams with great checking and decent offense and a fourth line with decent size, grit, speed and a modicum of skill (with Higgins).

If anyone hiccups, Kassian, Booth and Burrows can all shuffle up and down the top 3 lines and Higgins/Hansen the bottom three for flexibility with slumps/injuries.

I find it hilarious people think that Kassian being the best player for a stretch was a good thing. All it showed was how low the bar was last season. The reason he was taken off the first line was because the Sedins were playing terrible. Once Burr was back on the line the Sedins started playing better and that line finally clicked. AV's wisdom is clearly better than your own.

That all being said, Kassian is young and still has some potential to realize. He didn't show chemistry with the Sedins last year but a new coach or system might bring that about this coming season. Either way it's up to Kassian to earn his spot as Torts isn't just going to give it to him.

That just makes it sound like the Sedins suck. They should be capable of playing with different players. Has anyone considered that perhaps Kassian was ready to go at the start of the year and the Sedins were not.

That just makes it sound like the Sedins suck. They should be capable of playing with different players. Has anyone considered that perhaps Kassian was ready to go at the start of the year and the Sedins were not.

Hopefully Zack gets his priorities in order or he will be broke and a bum by the time he's 25.

Kid has the potential but is he smart enough to not throw his career away.....not sure.

Im a big fan if he stays sober.

Party Boy Zack doesn't belong in the NHL but healthy angry Zack sure does.

Hopefully for the sake of himself and the franchise he matures this year and has a big season.

Guest Pinchin

Either in Re-hab or Bogota from the stories i've heard.

Hopefully Zack gets his priorities in order or he will be broke and a bum by the time he's 25.

Kid has the potential but is he smart enough to not throw his career away.....not sure.

Im a big fan if he stays sober.

Party Boy Zack doesn't belong in the NHL but healthy angry Zack sure does.

Hopefully for the sake of himself and the franchise he matures this year and has a big season.

Guest Pinchin

Kes would still taking draws but yup, why not? Kes is a better winger than Schroeder is IMO. Put's that line in the best position to succeed IMO. I'm not saying Schroeder sticks there but I'd at least like to see it...gives us a very balance lineup IMO.

Have to give him a chance to succeed to his strengths...which as far as I can tell are as a second line play maker (something desperately needed on that line FWIW).

Booth's not exactly small (nor is Kesler for that matter).

Booth/Kes are both shooters, not passers and that line has lacked a true passer/setup guy for a couple years now. Imagine Jordan feeding passes like this to Booth/Kes:

Jordan sets up Kes in the slot/circles and Booth crashes the net to screen/smack in rebounds. Plus all three of those guys can skate like the wind and are decent defensively (especially Kes).

Guest Pinchin

Have to give him a chance to succeed to his strengths...which as far as I can tell are as a second line play maker (something desperately needed on that line FWIW).

Booth's not exactly small (nor is Kesler for that matter).

Booth/Kes are both shooters, not passers and that line has lacked a true passer/setup guy for a couple years now. Imagine Jordan feeding passes like this to Booth/Kes:

Jordan sets up Kes in the slot/circles and Booth crashes the net to screen/smack in rebounds. Plus all three of those guys can skate like the wind and are decent defensively (especially Kes).

I think Schroeder has a spot on the roster, he does have talent but I fear he is just not big enough to crash around with Kesler the way he'll need to. I do want all options explored, and I am really hoping Burr and Kes are reunited so we'll see how it shakes down. Just worried he will be stuck on the perimeter. I also DESPISE Bear Baiting Booth and hope his career is over in Vancouver.

I think Schroeder has a spot on the roster, he does have talent but I fear he is just not big enough to crash around with Kesler the way he'll need to. I do want all options explored, and I am really hoping Burr and Kes are reunited so we'll see how it shakes down. Just worried he will be stuck on the perimeter. I also DESPISE Bear Baiting Booth and hope his career is over in Vancouver.

Archived