The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Canadiens discussing with the Canucks for a defenceman

The hard part of dealing Edler is that youre giving up some solid offence off the blueline. Whos going to help replace that? And dispite the bashing of Edlers contract, when you look around the league, it really aint so bad considering the skill set he brings.

Tinordi is a monster, and will be a cornerstone shutdown D man for many years. He'll be a player that helps you win championships imo, so Id love for us to snap him up from Mtl.

6'2" Eller is trending in the right direction and really developed a more offensive and physical game last season. Very similar numbers to fellow Dane Jannik Hansen, but with more offensive potential. I still think Id prefer someone with a better shutdown game on that line, but he's a safer route than plugging in a rookie, and at a sweet cap hit of 1.325 before RFA next off season.

Although Eller would be a solid pick up, I think Id rather keep the competition for the 3C open. See what weve actually got, and then decide if chasing a player like Eller is the best option. I just have a feeling that one of Schroeder, Gaunce, or Horvat will steal the gig.

The only reason I can see MTL wanting edler is because after this season they lose many players to free agency (e.g Markov,) and Subban is again a RFA. Supposing MTL has pay structure in mind and Subban demands big $$$, the situation with their top 4 could be a nightmare. Picking up Edler now would give their D stability long term. And Edler is a big strong D man they could use for sure (but so do the Canucks don't they?).

Canucks would have to demand someone like Gallagher back.

Edler for Gallagher and a pick?

I dont really get why people think Montreal is eager to give up Galchenyuk? They dont have any other players in the mold of #1 C, why would they trade him?

I think the main pieces of attraction are Beaulieu and Tinordi. One of the two would have to be involved for sure.

I think we need help at the wing position, spefically in top 6 scoring, and thats why Id have some interest in Gallagher. The kid may be small, but he makes up for it with heart. I think he'd thrive playing the wing beside Kesler and Booth, as they can grind and battle the boards, while he can dangle and buzz.

Edler + Hansen for Gallagher + Tinordi + Prust (He fights, he hits, he can put up solid numbers from the 4th line LW, which is still open)

Tanev for Franson

sedin sedin kassian

booth kesler gallagher

higgins schroeder/gaunce/horvat burrows

prust richardson weise

hamhuis franson

garrison bieksa

tinordi weber/corrado

Archived