The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Canadiens discussing with the Canucks for a defenceman

Montreal lacks offense, maybe they found a suitor for Booth? He'd play better in the more open east...as one poster mentioned, this apparently may not be about Edler.

I dont really get why people think Montreal is eager to give up Galchenyuk? They dont have any other players in the mold of #1 C, why would they trade him?

He has ample time.I love the player,but when it comes to playoffs he's a no show...I want a cup,and right now we are going into next season,pretty much the same.

He can garner the most,out of the guys most look at dealing..only reason you look at it

It cracks me up how one of the worst "sources" in hockey sends out a tweet with no actual information and suddenly everyone is envisioning a deal where Montreal sells the farm to get a player that would be completely redundant in their line-up.

Montreal's defence was one of the most effective in the league last season for contributing secondary scoring

IF they're looking for help its likely to find a defensive defenceman who can fill in while Emelin is recovering from his injury. Tanev would make a bit on sense if the Canucks are having trouble signing him. But he won't bring back one of Montreals blue chip prospects. It's more likely type return would be a guy like Dumont or Pateryn and maybe a later pick

I actually know the guy... he is settled in Montreal with a young family now and not really looking to move. He does like Vancouver (rain on the farm meant no work... so he likes the rain). His wife's family is still in Kelowna and lots of friends here though.

I would love to have him on our team.... solid guy.

It cracks me up how one of the worst "sources" in hockey sends out a tweet with no actual information and suddenly everyone is envisioning a deal where Montreal sells the farm to get a player that would be completely redundant in their line-up.

Montreal's defence was one of the most effective in the league last season for contributing secondary scoring

IF they're looking for help its likely to find a defensive defenceman who can fill in while Emelin is recovering from his injury. Tanev would make a bit on sense if the Canucks are having trouble signing him. But he won't bring back one of Montreals blue chip prospects. It's more likely type return would be a guy like Dumont or Pateryn and maybe a later pick

the canucks are not going to trade edler unless they get a good a good return coming their way. in other words they DO NOT

have to trade him. i have a hard time seeing montreal trading galchenyuk, hes their future no 1 center and had a good rookie

year. as such galchenyuk has a ton of trade value to the point where im not sure edler straight up gets him. the canucks have

stated that they want a good young defensemen and a good young center for their third line. the framework for this deal is easy

enough to see, edler for tinordi + eller with some smaller pieces being involved. i think its a very fair deal for both teams.

Archived