The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows and Keslers line mate..

MLT

Should be Janik Hansen

If (hypothetical) they play together I imagine it will be a checking line; a very effective checking line. Hansen would complete it nicely. Our third line would be effective with Booth or Kassian. It would be essential that Higgins-Center-Kassian/Booth as a third line produce.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian/Booth

Hansen - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Gaunce/Schroeder - Booth/Kassian

-The second line matches up against the other teams first.

-Sedin's are freed up from opposing top lines.

-That third line should put up points against opposing thirds.

I believe Schroeder will be the third line center and would have a great year with Booth and Higgins if Kassian can stick with the Sedins.

I was thinking Booth, but yeah that's not a bad idea at all. I could see Burrows - Kesler - Hansen having some good chemistry. And if Booth can stay healthy and net 20 goals, then we have three solid scoring lines.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Zack Kassian

Alex Burrows - Ryan Kesler - Jannick Hansen

Chris Higgins - Jordan Schroeder - David Booth

Tom Sestito - Brad Richardson - Dale Weise

Hopefully Kassian cane prove he's worth playing on the top line. And 4th line still looks weak.

The "Heart Break Kids" line had some good success in a short stint together, I'd love to see it revisited. Esp. with Hansen pacing for 47 points as a 3rd liner last year, makes me think he could hit 50-54 on a line with Kesler for most of the season.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Hansen

Higgins - Schroeder - Booth

_______ - Richardson - Weise

Sestito, Santorelli

Booth gives Schroeder a speedy, big-ish winger who isn't afraid to cut through players. I dig it.

Only reason I'd like this is if Hansen improves his offensive game. I know he was on pace for just below 50pts but he needs to up that to 55-60pts to play with Kesler. I also really like the idea of having ol' reliable Higgy with the two NHL ready prospects!!

Sedin-Sedin-Higgy/Booth

Burrows-Kesler-Hansen

Higgins/Booth-Schroeder-Kassian

I think Kassian needs to play 3rd line minutes to develop in the fashion Burr and Kes did. If Hansen is playing 2nd line than coach can try the season seeing if Booth (great possession numbers) or Higgins (great along boards) can stick on that first line. Neither have shown to be that adept on the RW, but if there is any reason for them to keep trying its for the opportunity to play with the twins.

Kesler's and Hansen's speed would be deadly, but I think Honey Badger is suited perfectly for the third line. If we can trade Edler for a package including a guy like Darren Helm we would be golden! I think either Schroeder or Jensen will be the third piece on the second line.

I think it should be Schroeder...

Schroeder's pros:

- reads the game well

- can find open man

- good passer

- defensive responsible, two-play player

Schroeder's cons:

- size

- faceoff

as one can see, Schroeder lacks the important aspects of being a third line center, one that needs to be lined up against opposition on a nightly basis.. can you imagine Schroeder vs the likes of Toews, Datsyuk, Crosby, Malkin? we need to utilize his strengths and hide his weaknesses.. and playing as a play-making winger will do exactly that.. he can be our Martin St Louis (not comparing him to St Louis, but if there is a potential play making winger on our team, it's Schroeder)... we all know what kind of shot Kesler has, and Burrows' ability to finish off plays... Schroeder, seems to me, like the ideal winger for that line

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Burrows Kesler Schroeder

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Booth Santorelli Weise

Sestito

Booth has been slowly to get going ever since he arrived here, and his best season was with the Panthers when he had a constant line mate in Santorelli.... if anything we should try to re-unite them first and see if we can spark the both of them... with this line up, we should be capable of rolling all 4 lines and go back to that fast pace, attacking, run and gun team we loved during the 10-11 season

Sedin-Sedin-Higgy/Booth

Burrows-Kesler-Hansen

Higgins/Booth-Schroeder-Kassian

I think Kassian needs to play 3rd line minutes to develop in the fashion Burr and Kes did. If Hansen is playing 2nd line than coach can try the season seeing if Booth (great possession numbers) or Higgins (great along boards) can stick on that first line. Neither have shown to be that adept on the RW, but if there is any reason for them to keep trying its for the opportunity to play with the twins.

I was thinking Booth, but yeah that's not a bad idea at all. I could see Burrows - Kesler - Hansen having some good chemistry. And if Booth can stay healthy and net 20 goals, then we have three solid scoring lines.

Hopefully Kassian cane prove he's worth playing on the top line. And 4th line still looks weak.

Should be Janik Hansen

If (hypothetical) they play together I imagine it will be a checking line; a very effective checking line. Hansen would complete it nicely. Our third line would be effective with Booth or Kassian. It would be essential that Higgins-Center-Kassian/Booth as a third line produce.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian/Booth

Hansen - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Gaunce/Schroeder - Booth/Kassian

-The second line matches up against the other teams first.

-Sedin's are freed up from opposing top lines.

-That third line should put up points against opposing thirds.

I believe Schroeder will be the third line center and would have a great year with Booth and Higgins if Kassian can stick with the Sedins.

This line should have revisited in 2012. But AV/MG were obsessed with making Booth/Kesler work.

Kesler should go back to focusing on checking cuz that is what he does best. The points will come naturally if he does his job of keeping the opposition out of the defensive zone. And what feels better than scoring against the opposition's top line?

Burrows and Hansen are a good fit for him anyways cuz they are all speedy, crash and bang players. Kesler being a puck hog doesn't really affect their gameplay as much as a cherry picking Raymond or Booth.

The line already has a "glue guy"in Burrows if he slots in there. A high octane, high speed guy willing to do all the little things that make a line successful; fore check, dig, hit, cycle, crash the net, agitate, poke at rebounds, spit on the goalie (I'm only half kidding), shoot, back check...

IMO opinion Burrows and Hansen are both that type of player just Burrows is a bit better. One of them should always be on the line, if they are to draw against top match ups defensively.

Then think how you match up against, say Krecji / Iginla / Lucic or Getzlaf / Perry, Thornton, Marleau...

Once you have the glue already, Booth's size and sheer power athleticism add's more to the line as the third line mate. He simply helps it match up physically. And I chose Booth over Kassian as he plays the game at a higher pace! Best case scenario; every line has a glue guy, size and a talent player to pull it together.

Kassian has to develop in to that glue guy for the Twins, and man what a weapon he would be if he put that effort in at 220 lbs?

Archived