The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - NYI

With all the talk still being around Edler still being in play. I feel like we could make a good deal with the Iles.

I however don't see the Iles giving up any of there forwards in there lineup; but I think the trade would still be fair.

To NYI

Edler

Lack

To VAN

Ryan Strome

Thomas Hickey

David Ullstrom

1st

Strome was #5 pick in 2011 after playing 10gms last year for the first time in the AHL he recorded 7pts.

Not saying this is a big deal or not but the Iles allowed him for 2yrs stay back with his junior team and is probaly ready to step into the NHL.

Hickey at this point seems to be finding his game now that he is seeing NHL ice time. Still think he is aq jem and will blossom over the next 2yrs into the same type of player Edler is.

As for Ullstrom he's a 6'2" durable player with potential and could be slotted on our third line

As well this would give us another 1st rounder and free up over 3.5m in cap space.

I feel like maybe we should be getting another player back in this deal; but if Strome comes in and gets 50-60 pts in his rookie year this would be a steal for us. Also getting rid of Lack would show Luongo we see him as our starter for at least the next 5yrs.

The Iles should look at this deal as a steal for the main reason of not giving up anything from there current roster that got them to the playoffs last year other than Hickey and they are recieving another strong goalie from our organization who is ready for the next step as well as a top four defenceman to acnhor there PP.

With all the talk still being around Edler still being in play. I feel like we could make a good deal with the Iles.

I however don't see the Iles giving up any of there forwards in there lineup; but I think the trade would still be fair.

To NYI

Edler

Lack

To VAN

Ryan Strome

Thomas Hickey

David Ullstrom

1st

Strome was #5 pick in 2011 after playing 10gms last year for the first time in the AHL he recorded 7pts.

Not saying this is a big deal or not but the Iles allowed him for 2yrs stay back with his junior team and is probaly ready to step into the NHL.

Hickey at this point seems to be finding his game now that he is seeing NHL ice time. Still think he is aq jem and will blossom over the next 2yrs into the same type of player Edler is.

As for Ullstrom he's a 6'2" durable player with potential and could be slotted on our third line

As well this would give us another 1st rounder and free up over 3.5m in cap space.

I feel like maybe we should be getting another player back in this deal; but if Strome comes in and gets 50-60 pts in his rookie year this would be a steal for us. Also getting rid of Lack would show Luongo we see him as our starter for at least the next 5yrs.

The Iles should look at this deal as a steal for the main reason of not giving up anything from there current roster that got them to the playoffs last year other than Hickey and they are recieving another strong goalie from our organization who is ready for the next step as well as a top four defenceman to acnhor there PP.

Archived