The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Alex Edler suspended for first two games of 2014 Sochi Olympics

-Vintage Canuck-

What?!? It's not meaningless imo... two games in a short tournament is killer... he won't get the needed game time to develop chemistry. Guess he'll have to create some mojo through their practices. I guess if he's playing with the twins he should be fine though.

Daniel Hank Zetty or Erikkson

Karlsson Edler...

That would be a fantastic powerplay.

What?!? It's not meaningless imo... two games in a short tournament is killer... he won't get the needed game time to develop chemistry. Guess he'll have to create some mojo through their practices. I guess if he's playing with the twins he should be fine though.

Karlsson Edler...

It`s kind of stupid how he got suspended for this, a different tournament. It`s like if Rome hit Horton in game 1 and got suspended for the remainder of the finals but we swept Boston then the league goes and extends the suspension because four games wasn`t enough and they were expecting 6-7.

I don't know much about IIHF discipline, but as long as what he got was inline with what others have gotten for similar incidents, I'm good with it.

Even still, Sweden would be crazy to leave him off their roster again. If Hank and Danny want him, he'll be there. :)

Am I the only one that thinks the suspension is well deserved? It was a very dangerous and reckless hit, and caused pretty serious injury. He's missing a total of four games, which is what Kevin Porter got for his knee on knee hit on Booth. Of course it's the IIHF which is completely different from the NHL, but still.

Besides, during international hockey, I could care less about Sweden no matter how many Canucks are on their team. Canada all the way.

Guest Pinchin

Karlsson Edler...

Archived