The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The best neighborhood in Surrey is....

Lui's Knob

I find Cloverdale and Sullivan Heights to be experiencing some serious growing-pains - a lot of weird energy in those areas. That being said I avoid Newton at all costs - such an overstuffed area.

Obviously Whalley is a dive - that's what's so charming about it - when you think "Surrey" you're really thinking "Whalley." It's like the people there heard all the stereotypes and just decided to run with it!

Just stay South of 64th and West of 176th and it's all pretty damn nice. Comparable to most other nice areas of greater Vancouver anyway.

North and East of that have some small pockets of nice to okay in say the Newton, Guildford, Cloverdale etc areas to 'ewww' (Whalley). Whalley's still probably nicer than DTES though.

Lived in Cloverdale for 2 1/2 years now and love it. It's definitely one of the fastest growing cities right now in the lower mainland.

Surrey really isn't that bad of a place it just has a crappy reputation from the past. Whalley is much better than it once was and is far safer than te DTES if you ask me.

Archived