The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The best neighborhood in Surrey is....

Lui's Knob

Being a part-time developer...I'd say that Whalley is a good place to live since all that trash will eventually be turned into high rises and high-density homes. At the moment, basically all of Surrey is good in terms of development. Living is different however...

Heritage_Areas_without_inventory.jpg

Looking at these map the areas I'd avoid are Whalley, South Westminister, Port Mann, Royal Heights, Cedar Hills, Kennedy, and Newton (surrounding King George Blvd; low-income housing). * A lot of properties in this area are rented out by investors/developers; mostly occupied by welfare or low-income...

I've lived in Newton (Strawberry Hill area), Panorama Ridge, and currently reside in Kensington (Morgan Creek). I've had no problems whatsoever.

My honest opinion is that Surrey is the place to be if you want to make money. Everyone with a large disposable income is taking advantage of the rapid development (lots of money to be made). You don't need to live here, just invest in the city (there's no money to be made in Vancouver, Richmond, Coquitlam....most of these cities are already developed).

Surrey jokes are funny af though (mainly because it's directed at Whalley, the crack shack).

The DTES is a couple of streets basically, it would fit into any bad part of Surrey many times over.

And I'd seriously rather live in Compton than Surrey, no joke. Surrey is sister fingering trailer park trashy and has the highest % of douchebags and corny "tough guys" probably in Canada.

Cue the Surrey Jacks;

The DTES is a couple of streets basically, it would fit into any bad part of Surrey many times over.

And I'd seriously rather live in Compton than Surrey, no joke. Surrey is sister fingering trailer park trashy and has the highest % of douchebags and corny "tough guys" probably in Canada.

Cue the Surrey Jacks;

Cue the Surrey Jacks;

I avoid crossing the river whenever possible.

There is nothing on the Surrey side to make it worthwhile to leave Vancouver.

If I wanted to see a bunch of brown people, I could just go to South Vancouver

Panorama Ridge. Newton/Strawberry Hill has the okay areas (unless you count Princess Margaret school) but hands down the worst area in Surrey in the Whalley area.

I don't know how many people here commute on the 319 bus line but it is absolute hell. I've seen enough drama there to put Maury Povich to shame.

EDIT: The celebrations on Scott Road during the playoffs are hilarious. That has to count for something

Cue the Surrey Jacks;

Archived